7.

2011
April 26

Justice
It was early as hell and after the night I just had I just wanted to sleep in and recuperate but my mother had other plans for me. I woke up to my phone ringing at six o'clock in the morning, which was unusual because she would wake up around eight, so this call had me a little worried.

I grabbed my phone and rolled over on my back answering it, "Hello?"

"Hey Justice I'm sorry for calling so early but I need an answer right now."

"Oh I thought something was wrong with the twins or something, what's up?" I said turning back over after a breath of release.

"Before you say no just think about it, one of my sisters is going through something right now and I was asked to come and show some support and I don't want to go, but Janet thought it wouldn't be right if I didn't."

"Okay so where do I come in?" I said skeptical. "Come with us. You, Anika, and Kobi should come I mean you don't have to bring them when we go see her but it could be nice to get away together."

"I-I don't know I mean it would be nice to get away for a second let me speak to Anika and I'll let you know before noon." I said hanging up not waiting for a response because it was six in the morning.

After I went to sleep for a couple more hours I felt Anika getting out of bed and I rolled over.

"Hey sweetie how was your sleep?" She said putting on her robe because she prefers to sleep naked.

"It was good until six and then it was amazing after that." I said laughing. "Why? What happened at six in the morning is everything okay with your parents and siblings?" She asked walking into the bathroom.

"Yeah she asked if we wanted to go with her to see one of her sisters since I haven't seen them in a while."

"And you said?" She said while brushing her teeth. "I would get back to her before noon. I didn't know if you would want to go."

"Why wouldn't I, I would love to get to know your family." My eyes widened and I got up tp stretch. "What was up with that? Why you do all that?" She said starting her shower.

"Baby you don't know the half of what me and Janet went through with those bit- women."

"Oh damn enlighten me I want to know! Shit seems like Janet don't like nobody huh?" I scrunched my face up when she said that. Me and Janet's relationship became what it is today because of bonding over our relationships with Toni's sisters.

"Don't do that please don't, you about to piss me off early in the morning. You don't know shit about my mother to make that comment. Me and her have had the same issues with them and hers is way worse then mine, so please know before you speak on either one of my parents."

"Justice it wasn't that serious calm down. It's too early in the morning to be arguing over something so dumb." She said getting in the shower. I wasn't one to back down from an argument especially when it came to Janet. I went into the bathroom and leaned against the counter.

"First of all anything having to do with my family isn't DUMB! Maybe you should learn about me before we get married because you don't seem to know shit about what's important to me."

"Woah why did you throw our marriage into the argument?"

"Because you don't seem to know what and what not to say when it comes to me. I didn't grow up in a house hold with two parents, I only knew what love was when I met Janet and Toni and seeing their relationship go through the shit they went through I don't want to do it."

"Who said we would-"

"Me and Kobi are going with my parents this week I don't know when I'll be back but I will. I'll text you when I get to their house, have a good day." I said not caring what she had to say but packing a bag for at least two weeks and going to Kobi's and packing for at least a month.

I packed, loaded the car, and put Kobi in and Anika still hadn't came to stop me, which was something Toni would always do when Janet left, but see the difference between me and and Janet is that I would stay and try, but I needed someone to want me to stay.

I made it to my parents house within twenty minutes but I lived forty five minutes away you know I had to be mad. I left our bags in the car and grabbed Kobi going to knock on the door.

Janet
We were all in the living room getting ready to go down to the beach for a walk and maybe even get in when there was a loud ass knock at the door. Now I ain't even rey hold you I might be a little high, so I reacted hella slow to the knock and Toni just stared at me.

"You gonna get the door or are we gonna just leave them there." Toni said putting KJ's shoes on.

"Oh my bad, Kam just uh yeah sit there I'll be right back." I said turning around and walking towards the door but I guess I wasn't moving fast enough because they started to continuously bang on the door.

"Hold the fuck up! Damn." I said swinging the door open and when I saw who it was I rolled my eyes.

"Well damn just buss a hole in my damn door then." She didn't bother to respond but she pushed passed me and sat Kobi down walking into the living room.

"Damn she said fuck me huh Kobi?" I said looking down at her and closing the door. I grabbed her hand and we went into the living room and Justice was hugging the twins.

"What brings you here?" Toni said sitting in the chair across from her.

"We're going with you to where ever and yeah that's it, so when we leaving?" She said rubbing her knees and looking at Toni.

"Uh I don't know actually tomorrow or tonight whatever you want." She said looking at her but I could tell she wanted to ask her a question so I did.

"Let's cut the bullshit what the fuck is wrong with you? You come in here rocking like a crackhead and your all happy to go see these family members of yours, which is a first!" I said looking at her with my hands on my hips.

"I- there's nothing wrong with me I just need a break and this could be it."

"Man you know damn well this ain't gonna be no damn break especially after what your mother did." I said sitting to tie my shoe.

"What did you do? Don't have me walking into no bullshit." Justice said seriously making me die in laughter.

"Shut up Jay, all I did was tell them I didn't wanna go."

"And she was tired of their asses and had the nerve to put the blame on us, mostly me though because I just got off tour you know the same ole bullshit." I said rolling my eyes.

"You high aren't you?" Justice asked shaking her head.

"Just a little bit nun serious especially since we rey fly to hell I gotta get right."

"A little you were in the car for almost three hours."

"Aye did I tell you to put me out there like that? No so shut the fuck up." Toni looked at me like I had lost my damn mind and honestly I didn't give a fuck.

"Hello can I help you? Fuck you wanna get high too? Cause we can put the kids down and all go get high."

"NO!" They both said together making me jump a little.

"Ard damn what we doing then? Cause I'm getting tired."

"We're going to Maryland go get packed." Toni said to me but before I could get up Justice yelled.

"TRACI! Oh hell naw! Fuck her! And fuck the rest of them bitches too! I'm telling you ma if they disrespect us again I will really cut them... try me."

———————
well damn it's bout to get real violent around here lolll 🤸🏽‍♀️