24.

2011
December 27
Amber
"Call me when you get in the house, okay?"

"Okay mama." I had just landed back in town after spending Christmas with them in New York. I was waiting for Anika to come and pick me up like she promised.

She was always on time so her not being here had me a little worried, but what made matters worse was her not picking up the phone.

"Hey, my plane landed about an hour ago and I'm still waiting for you. I hope you didn't forget about me. I hope everything's okay." I left a voicemail after calling her five times with no answer.

It was starting to get real breezy, so I decided to just call a cab before I got sick. Once I arrived to
my apartment I hopped in the shower and got comfortable in my bed. Right before I was able to get into a deep sleep my phone began to ring.

"Hello? Yes, this is she." I jumped up and sat against the headboard as they told me Anika was shot and had been rushed to the hospital.

"I'll be there." I said as I hung up. I was beginning to lose my breath, at the same time my vision became clouded. I slid out of the bed attempting to rush and put sweats on as the room began to spin a bit.

I thought it would be best to go in the bathroom and try to pull myself together so that I could get dressed and head to the hospital.

"She's fine nothings going to happen. Just breathe. Breathe. Breathe Amber! Fuck! What the hell happened?! She promised she'd never leave me!" I said to myself in the mirror.

After finally being able to catch my breath I put my sweats on, grabbed my keys, and ran out of the door. I was at least twenty minutes away from the hospital and the anticipation was killing me.

I really wanted to contact Justice, but I think that would be really inappropriate. I'll just wait until I get there and hopefully someone will be able to answer my questions.

Once I found a parking space I jumped out of the car and ran into the emergency room, well tried. I'm assuming because Anika was shot and all gun shot victims had to be reported to the police, the emergency room was swarming with police.

I somehow managed to bust through the doors, but was met with some nurse trying to stop me from going any further.

"Ma'am!"

"Ma'am nothing, where is she?! Excuse me can someone in here let me know what the hell is going on?" I happened to lock eyes with Justice and I ran over to her.

"Justice? Hi, I'm Amber one of Anika's emergency contacts. What happened?"

No response. I understood that she was in shock and from the looks of it, she might've been the one who had found her, so instead of pressing her for a answer I went to the nurses station.

"Hello, I'm Amber and I wanted to know if there was any information about Anika Rose?"

"Hello her doctor should be coming in to give you guys an update right about-"

"Family of Anika Rose!" She was cut off by a doctor who stood about 6'6 with blonde hair and beach blue eyes.

I walked over to him after Justice and her mother did. I didn't want to cause anymore drama then there already was so I kept my distance.

"Well she was shot in the abdomen. Luckily we were able to remove the bullet and keep her stablized, but she's going to need blood in the next hour. She lost a lot of blood she's lucky to even be alive. Now do any of you have an A positive blood type?"

Justice and her mother exchanged looks and both shook their heads no.

"I'm sorry I didn't even notice you two were with child, you wouldn't be eligible anyway-"

"I do." I spoke up.

"And are you Amber?" The doctor asked looking down at what I'm assuming to be Anika's chart.

"Yes I am." I said feeling two sets of confused eyes on me causing me to clear my throat.

"Well, if you please would follow me this way."

Janet
After everything that's happened I honestly didn't want to add insult to injury by telling Justice that I was experiencing some pain, but I also don't want to risk losing the baby.

"Justice... I'm going to call-"

"Please don't call your wife up here. I might feel a little better because she's stable but now I don't know if I want to kill her. Why the hell is Amber here?! I've never had a conversation with Anika where she brought her up. I swear if she's cheating on me I'll kill her myself, but I will not let Toni have the satisfaction of being right."

As Justice was talking her voice began to fade. For some reason it felt as if I was having contractions. I slowly walked to go sit down.

"Ma! Are you listening to me?" I ignored her and went to pull out my phone to call Toni, but I realized I left it in the house.

"I know that's your wife and you want her here but I really don't want to strangle her-"

"Justice please.... please shut the hell up and give me your phone! Mmm fuck."

"My phone is in the car. What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"No I'm not please just find a way to contact Toni. I'm going to get checked in."

Anika
You know that feeling when you know someone is staring at you in your sleep? Yeah that's exactly what I'm feeling right about now. Despite the feeling I really want to open my eyes, especially if everything that happened was just a dream.

Trying to open my eyes was the hardest thing I've ever had to do because it felt as if there were bricks on my eye lids. Once they finally fluttered open I was met with a dark room and the sounds of machines.

I looked to my left and saw Amber in the chair crying in her sleep. I was supposed to get her from the airport tonight wasn't I? Damn.

"A-Amber." Nothing. She has always been a heavy sleeper.

"Psst! Amber!" She stirred for a bit before she actually opened her eyes.

"Anika? Thank god your up." She said as she wiped her eyes and smiled.

"Didn't I tell you I wasn't going to leave you?"

"Yeah, but you also told me you were going to pick me up from the airport." She said laughing.

"I was busy in here my bad. Come here."

"No I wouldn't want to hurt you." She said sitting back in the chair.

"Come on I only want a hug." I said smiling. She hesitantly walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm glad your the person I woke up to." Before she could respond someone cleared their throat.

"Toni?"

—————————
do you guys have an idea who Anika and Amber are to each other??

What's wrong with Janet??

How's Jaiden's daughter??

Just know to expect the unexpected 🌚