22.

2011
December 24
Anika
Her what?? I'm not mad, I couldn't be mad but I'm just surprised Justice never told this lady about her granddaughter.

"You never thought to call me and tell me that you were having a child by my son?"

"No I've just been busy." Justice responded rubbing under her stomach.

"You been hella busy... for four years." I mumbled under my breath.

"You've been too busy to let your child get to know her father's side of the family? You know how important Travis was and when he left we thought that was it, but this entire time he has a daughter?!"

"Listen-"

"No, no I will not listen do you know how that makes me feel? You've been pushing me away from the day you guys were in the accident up until the funeral. I finally decide to let you go about your life but you hide this from me. Just put yourself in my shoes and think about how you would feel."

I looked from the lady back to Justice and I noticed that she was in pain but it wasn't physical. She was racking her brain trying to come up with a response and when she finally did I was taken back.

"I'll put myself in your shoes and walk away."

Shocked was an understatement but I picked Kobi up and followed behind Jusice without any questions. When we got in the car Justice immediately broke down.

"S-she knows who her dad was. I would never let Kobi grow up without being told why she doesn't have a daddy. I've showed her tons of pictures, told her so many stories, we've even been to his grave at least ten times, but is it a crime for wanting my daughter to myself? Is it so bad that I didn't want her to get attached to any of his family because it's not really him?"

"Baby I couldn't tell you the answer to those questions. I don't have children yet, I don't know what it feels like to care for or make decisions for someone who can't. If you feel like you did the right thing then that's all that matters if no one understands that then fuck them."

For the rest of the ride home we drove in silence, but that didn't stop her from holding my hand. When we got back to the house Justice's parents were setting up the table for dinner.

"Hey Justice you wanna help?" Toni asked smiling, I'm assuming her day with her family went well.

"No I have to go wash my hands and change." You could tell something was wrong with her but she still tried to keep her spirits up. When she disappeared from our view Janet and Toni where both staring at me.

"I didn't do it! And I don't feel comfortable telling you what happened either. Let's just eat, watch this movie, and get the kids sleep then maybe she'll tell you what happened until then you'll just have to wait."

After a delicious meal and the movie the kids were knocked out cold. I grabbed Kobi and took her upstairs into our room and tucked her in.

"You're gonna be a great mother." I jumped at the sound of the voice and turned to look at the door.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Toni said leaning on the door frame.

"It's okay and thank you I hope so." I caressed Kobi's cheek and gave her a kiss on the forehead before turning on her favorite nightlight.

"They're waiting for us downstairs, come on." As much as I loved Justice I just couldn't wait for her to have the babies so we could go back home. I miss my own bed and most importantly my shower.

When we got downstairs I instantly regretted not getting more presents wrapped professionally. I felt bad for Janet and Toni though they had more to wrap then we did because they didn't get any wrapped professionally.