Thirty-Eight

⚠️ TW// medium ⚠️

35 Weeks

SierraDeaton

Liked by kaykay, lizhemmings, and 492,942 others

SierraDeaton: how is my baby boy three!? Matty you are the sweetest boy in the whole world. Mama and daddy love you so much our sweet Tuyen. 💙

Skye.Hood: Happy Birthday to the the sweetest and most mild tempered bubba around. We love you Matty.

Hemmofam: what does Tuyen mean? Is it Vietnamese?
LukeHemmings: @hemmofam it is Vietnamese, it means Angel. It was important to Sierra and I to pay homage to her family's heritage when picking a name for him.

***

"Matty!" Nika shoves past her dad into the house, birthday bag in hand as she immediately starts searching for the little boy.

"He's out back. His dad might have got him an entire playground for his birthday that he has been enjoying for hours." Sierra laughs, letting Nika run past her as she moves towards Skye and Calum.

"She picked out his birthday present and is very excited to give it to him." Skye laughs, accepting the hug Sierra offers.

"How's the mama-to-be doing?" Sierra asks as she steps back, her eyes and hands falling to take in Skye's stomach, which seemed to have popped even more in the last week or two.

"Tired, and ready for her to get the fuck out of me." Skye says candidly. "I am ready to enjoy a glass of wine and see my toes again."

"I remember that point. It's the worst. So close to the due date, but still much, much too far away from it too." Sierra smiles sympathetically. "But I'm also going to be the sappy mom telling you to soak it all in, because you're going to blink and she will be turning three and loving dad a million times more than she loves you."

"Hell ya she is." Calum grins, ducking as Skye moves to jab him for his cocky remark, disappearing further into the house to greet his bandmates loudly.

"And how are you after the news from yesterday?" Sierra asks more quietly, reaching out to squeeze each of Skye's hands within her own.

"I knew, before the news broke publicly. His mom called me." Skye whispers, "Plus he sent me a letter a couple weeks ago, it sort of had the energy of a suicide note." 

"Well we are all here to support you, Skye. He may have made some really bad choices, but I know you loved him."

"He was my first best friend, my rock through my dad leaving, the only one who really understood me for a long time. Prison took him away, but this... it's different, and my heart hurts so much from the pain."

Sierra nods softly, her own eyes glistening for the pain her friend is in, pulling Skye into a tight hug for a long moment. "And after everything with the pregnancy, and Calum's psychotic meltdown, you didn't deserve this."