Twelve

9 Weeks

Calum can't help but smile as the car pulls in front of the modest townhouse, knowing the people he wants to see most wait just inside those walls.

"I'll be back to get you for soundcheck tomorrow. Enjoy a night with your family." The driver smiles at him as he undoes his seatbelt.

"Thanks." Calum nods, pulling his backpack off the seat beside him as he climbs out.

"Good to be home." He mumbles to himself, though technically it isn't home in the sense that he ever lived here. When his parents split they sold the house and both moved closer to the city. This little place, this is his mum's home. Stepping through the door he is greeted by the smell of his mum's home cooking, no one in the front room as he toes off his shoes. "Anyone home?" He chuckles, stepping around the corner into the kitchen, his mum, Mali, and Nika all turning.

"Dad!" Nika yells excitedly, dropping off the stool to run into his waiting arms.

"Hey, baby girl!" He lifts her into his arms, hugging her tightly to his chest.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, Nika." He chuckles, setting her back on her feet.

"Hi, Calum." His mum smiles, pulling him into a hug too.

"Hi, mum, I've missed you." He sighs, relaxing into her arms.

"No love for me?" Mali smirks.

"I saw you four days ago." He laughs, but pulls her into a tight hug too.

"It smells amazing, mum."

"I made dinner." She grins, but then it falters, "But I think it upset Skye's stomach. She is upstairs resting. I think the spices got to her."

"I'm going to go check on her, it's okay, mum, every little thing seems to be setting her off anymore. I know you didn't do it on purpose."

"I felt bad though, she got here excited, said the flight was long but not as bad as she feared and then she turned pale and ran for the bathroom. She went right up to bed after that."

"I tried to tell Nana she does that a lot, that it isn't just because of her food. But she still is feeling bad." Nika adds quickly.

"Don't feel to bad, mum. Skye is not going to be holding this over you, I promise." Calum nods, excusing himself from the group before heading to the stairs, jogging up them two at a time.

"Knock knock." He smiles sadly as he taps his knuckles against the doorframe into the guest room. Skye is laying on the bed with her back to the door, but slowly turns onto her back as he wanders into the room.

"Hey, handsome." She smiles up at him softly as he sits beside her. Her eyes are sunk and tired looking, her cheekbones more prominent. She looks sick.

"How are you feeling? Mum said you got sick after you guys got here this afternoon."

"It happens. I took my nausea meds and I've been sipping on this juice stuff they have me on. Stop with that panicked look, Cal. I'm okay." She chuckles softly, brushing her fingers over the worry lines on his forehead.

"You don't look okay, Skye. You look beat down. I know I wanted a baby, but I hate seeing you like this because of it." He sighs, leaning down to kiss her forehead softly. "I left you vibrant and strong, and you came back to me weak and exhausted."

"Worth it. I promise. I'm getting enough nutrients into my body, the difference is I'm not getting anything extra most days, and I spend most of my days in bed. So I'm losing some muscle, and I'm not putting anything extra on."

"Why didn't you let me postpone the wedding, Skye? Why are you so adamant that we do it this week? That we do it here? I want you to enjoy the wedding. Are you even going to be able to stand for the entire ceremony?"

"Cal, I want to be married to you. I want to marry you this weekend, here in Sydney with your family and mine, and all our friends. I'm going to be fine, I promise. It's going to be okay."

"I can't have this hurt you anymore than it already is, Skye."

"I'll be getting better soon, Cal."

"Weeks, months even. You're only nine weeks. They said this would last until at least twenty, if not more. That's eleven more weeks, Skye, that's almost three months."

"Cal, I've made it a month, almost five weeks. I am learning to adjust myself to deal with it, and what triggers it worst and least. It's going to get better, I have good days and bad days, but I'm okay, and so is our baby. And we are both going to be better now that you get to be with us, and you get to take care of us. Roy has done a great job, but I am much more excited to have you home with us."

"Me too. Sorry, I just don't know if I can be as excited about this as I want to be when you look so sick because of it. I wanted this to be a good thing."

"This is a good thing, Cal. It's just got an ugly little hiccup in it. But I am more than excited to be pregnant with our baby. This baby is going to be worth every single ache, every round of throwing up, every medication, and sacrifice. This baby is worth it, because this baby is our baby. Don't let my physical struggle with this take the joy of it away from us. Please, be excited. We get our baby, and I am going to be just fine. I promise. Now will you fucking kiss me already?" She laughs.

Calum finally smiles, sliding her gently towards the middle of the bed so he can lay down beside her, wrapping her small body in his arms before pressing a couple kisses to her lips.

"I missed you, Cal."

"I missed you too, Skye." He sighs, brushing her hair back, "And I'm going to worry about you, no matter how many times you try to reassure me you are okay."

"I know. But don't let it ruin the entire week, okay? Or the entire pregnancy. I'm going to sit and watch your show tomorrow, and then next night, and I'm going to stand across from you in front of all our friends and family on Sunday and become your wife."

"Nothing could ruin marrying you, unless you faint or get hurt during it."

"You would never let that happen, and neither would Nika. She has my med schedule memorized and she is on top of it every time I get sick. She has been the best little nurse ever."

"That's because she loves you." Calum smiles, "I like that she's been your little nurse. It's cute."

"It is."

"Are you talking about me?" Nika startles them both as she climbs onto the bed softly behind Skye.

"Who else would I be calling my little nurse?" Skye chuckles, wrapping an arm around Nika as she cuddles into her side.

"Thanks for taking care of Skye for me, Nika." Calum smiles, squeezing Nika's hand softly.

"I have to take care of her she's my mom." Nika smiles up at Skye.

"Your mom?" Skye grins, tears beading at her eyes.

"I know you and dad aren't married quiet yet, but is it okay if I call you mom now?" Nika blushes slightly.

"More than okay." Skye nods, burying her head into Nika's curls.

"I am so lucky to have both my beautiful girls here with me." Calum smiles.

"I love my Hood's." Skye sighs.

"And I am lucky to have a dad, and a mom, who love me so much." Nika giggles.

------------------------------
Soft af!!!

Predictions for the wedding?

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)