Twenty

12 Weeks

Calum Hood: A Bad Start To A New Year

 Only three weeks after their private fairytale wedding in Sydney, Calum Hood and Skye Daniels seem to be facing new challenges

Only three weeks after their private fairytale wedding in Sydney, Calum Hood and Skye Daniels seem to be facing new challenges. Hood has been seen coming and going from the Los Angeles Medical Center on a number of occasions this week, at times with his nine year old daughter, Nike, who he has full custody of. The missing piece to the puzzle is Hood's new bride, who has not been seen coming or going with her new family. Signs seem to indicate that Daniels is the one spending multiple days within the medical center, but for what treatments?

"You knew they weren't going to let you two come and go so easily." Skye chuckles lightly at Calum's tone as he reads the small article to her.

"Doesn't mean I have to like it." He sighs, pushing the phone into his pocket as he stands and steps towards the window of her room, peaking out over the parking lot below.

"Are there swarms of paparazzi waiting for us?" She jokes as he releases the curtain to fall back into place.

"No. Stop making fun of me. I just want to protect you and baby Hood." His lower lip juts forward slightly, making Nika's giggle from her place on Skye's hospital bed.

"It's cute, but you need to calm down, Cal. I'm okay, and we get to go home today, all four of us." Skye crosses the small room to wrap her arms around his middle.

"I can't wait to have you home again. Duke misses you, and I miss you." He chuckles, pecking her lips softly.

"And I miss you!" Nika calls out loudly.

"I can't wait to take a shower in my own bathroom and sleep in my own bed." She laughs, "And maybe have a little movie night with my favorite people?" She turns to Nika as she asks, seeing a grin split her face.

"Yes, please!" Nika nods excitedly.

"Well, let's get the last of moms things into her bag and I'll go get the car, I'll pick you guys up at the door." Calum squeezes Skye's sides softly before dropping his hold on her, round the room to double check he's collected phone chargers, toothbrushes, and anything else extra they had brought.

"Oh, and we have to make one little stop on our way home." He smiles.

"And what's stop is that?" Skye laughs.

"Gotta get the adoption papers signed and notarized." He winks, "Can't go another day without the punk princess being legally yours too."

"Yay!" Nika squeals, climbing off the bed to hug Skye tightly, "My mom forever." She giggles.

"Even without papers saying it, I am your mom, Nika Joy, forever." Skye smiles, hugging the little girl back.