Ten

5 Weeks

"Do you think Crystal and Skye are back from the hospital yet?" Nika asks Sierra as they head for the front door.

"I would have taken you to the hospital if that was were Skye still was. She's here." Sierra nods, leading Matthew and Nika into the house.

"Punk Princess." Skye grins from the couch, beckoning Nika over to her.

"Are you better?" Nika asks as she hurries through the room to hug Skye tightly.

"No, but I'm going to get better. They gave me some fluids and medications to help."

"Good. I need you to be my mom, Skye. You have to get better so you can be my mom." Nika's voice is quiet and quite full of fear.

"Don't worry, I'm going to be around for a long time. I'll get to be your mom still." Skye hugs Nika tighter to her as she realizes just how scared the little girl was over her being sick.

"So what's going on then? A virus?" Sierra asks, Matthew wandering over to the small ottoman that houses a few little toys for him, something Calum had insisted on for their little nephew.

"Ya Skye, what's wrong?" Nika asks, sitting up slightly but staying tucked into Skye's side.

"Dad wanted us to call him for this part. He should be with all the other guys. He's waiting for us." Skye smiles softly, glancing around the room. KayKay and Roy sitting on the loveseat giving her confused looks as she grabs her phone. Crystal nearly beaming behind her hands, already knowing what is about to be shared.

"Is it bad?" KayKay finally asks, "If Calum wants everyone to know at once?"

"Just wait please." Skye asks, waiting for Calum to answer the FaceTime call.

"Hey, finally. Do you know how long I've been waiting?" Calum answers with a chuckle.

"Nika just got home from volleyball. Learn to be more patient." Skye laughs.

"Not today, everyone here has been bugging the shit out of me all day for my mood." Calum laughs.

"Hi, dad." Nika butts into the banter.

"Hi, Punk Princess." Calum grins at her.

"Skye said she's going to be okay!"

"She is going to be okay." Calum laughs, "She's going to be more than okay."

"Why is he acting like a fucking idiot today, Skye?" Ashton's voice reaches her through the phone.

"Seriously he has been in the weirdest mood. I don't even know what to call it other than fucking weird." Michael yells.

"What's going on, Skye?" Roy asks from their side of the conversation.

"Tell them or I will. I can't hold it in any longer." Calum grins at Skye.

"So I've been really, really sick, right? Well they did some tests at the hospital last night, and it turns out my body just really hates being pregnant." Skye turns her eyes to Nika as she says the last word.