Twenty-Three

15 Weeks

5sos family GC

Ashton

They are here!

They are here!

The text had come after midnight, Skye not seeing it until she got up for her flight home, excited to meet the babies. Everyone was supposed to be meeting them today. Not in an overwhelming way, but Ashton and KayKay had wanted all of their friends together to meet the boys, and so they could share their names, having kept them very secret up until the birth.

She knows they whole group is waiting on her, her flight having been later in the morning. Calum had pushed to come pick her up, but she had insisted on taking an Uber, letting him stay with his best friend and enjoy the boys. By the time her car pulls up outside the hospital she's anxious to get inside, to meet the beautiful babies. Calum is waiting in the lobby as she enters, pulling her into a hug as he guides her towards the maternity ward and through a door into a packed room.

"Skye made it!" Ashton grins, his voice quiet as Michael jumps out of his chair, offering it to Skye.

"Sorry, I was on the airlines timetable today." She chuckles, taking the seat thankfully. She is exhausted.

"It's okay, no one got here until just barely knowing we would be waiting." Kay smiles at her from the bed, her face clean of makeup and hair pulled back away from her face.

"So?" Luke grins, one of the babies cuddled in his arms, "What are their names?"

Crystal silently transfers the baby she had been cuddling into Skye's arms as Luke asks. Looking down at the baby, Skye can easily pick out a few characteristics he got from mom and dad; KayKay's nose, Ashton's lips.

"Luke, you are holding John Maddox. Named after my dad, but we are going to call him Maddox. He was born first." KayKay is beaming.

"And Skye has Maverick, Um, Maverick Thomas." Ashton's eyes look to Cal as he says it.

"Thomas?" Calum's voice cracks just slightly as his eyes lift to meet his best friends.

"Is that okay?" Ashton chuckles.

"You named him after me?" Calum chuckles, clearly trying to hold back emotion.

"Yeah." Ashton smiles softly.

"He's my favorite nephew now." Calum laughs, making everyone else laugh too.

"Just to be clean we are calling him Maverick, or Mav, not Thomas." KayKay chuckles.

"That's what you think." Calum mumbles under his breath, moving over to squish in beside Skye and Mav."

"It all went well?" Skye glances up to KayKay.

"It wasn't comfortable, but ya everything went smoothly. They're both healthy and so am I, can't really ask for more than that."

"Baby?" Matthew speaks up as Luke moves over towards Sierra who's holding him. His little eyes looking at the small bundle in his dad's arms.