Eleven

8 weeks

"Doesn't it feel good to be in Australia again?" Ashton takes a deep breath as he and Calum walk down the road towards a cafe for lunch.

"I mean, it ain't home yet, but it's still nice." Calum nods.

"Next week, man, we play Sydney next week."

"I know. I can't wait. To have the girls in the audience, to have our families all there, to end tour back home is my favorite way to schedule it."

"Mine too. I'm just glad everything has worked out for KayKay to come out."

"Me too. I know she told Skye it would be okay if she had to miss the wedding, but Skye and I are glad she doesn't. And I know you are too."

"I am, but whatever was safest for my boys was the right option, I'm just glad this option worked out." Ashton smiles as he pulls on the door to the cafe.

Calum does a double take as he steps into the small space, his eyes landing on a blonde head he'd recognize anywhere. "Did you—" He grins at Ashton who's got a knowing smile on his face as he shrugs. Hurrying between a couple tables, Calum throws his arms around her shoulders from behind, planting a kiss on her cheek. "What the fuck are you doing in Adelaide?" He laughs.

"Surprising you, bro." Mali turns in her chair, grinning up at him.

"It worked." He laughs, "How've you been? Haven't seen you since London in July."

"But we talk like three times a week." She laughs, standing to hug him properly, hugging Ashton as he reaches them too.

"I know but it's not the same."

"Get food and we can chat, until I have soundcheck."

"You've got a show tonight?" Calum grins.

"Just a little thing I'm doing with some friends. You're comin', ya?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He nods, "It's so good to see you, sis."

"Sit, I'll get you food. I know what you eat." Ashton laughs, pushing Cal into the chair beside Mali's.

"Thanks, Ash!" Calum calls, turning excitedly back to his sister.

"So," Mali grins, "you got cold feet yet?"

"Fuck no." He laughs, "About ready to switch the countdown to hours though. One week from Sunday." He sighs happily.

"I'm happy for you, Cal. I wasn't sure when she came back into your life last spring, but I am now. She's still perfect for you, and you were right to give her a second chance."

"She's pregnant, Mal." He grins, having kept that secret from her alone, wanting to share the news in person.

"What?" Mali gasps loudly.

"Ya." He chuckles.

"You've been on tour for literally like six months, how'd you manage that?"

"Apparently we managed while we were in LA for those shows in October. She's eight weeks? And sick, so fucking sick. But she keeps reassuring me she's okay, that it's all worth it. But when she gets to Sydney, don't be shocked if she looks thin, she's been at the hospital for fluids and nutritional treatments a couple times over the last few weeks. She can't keep hardly anything down." He frowns slightly, the weight of Skye's sickness hitting again. He hates that Roy and the girls have been the ones taking care of her. It's his baby, he should be the one cleaning up her sick and holding her hand at the hospital.

"Morning sickness?" Mali's eyebrows knit together in concern at his change of mood.

"Worse, it's some fancy ass word, but she always just calls it HG. It's like aggressive and extreme morning sickness." He sighs.