Fourteen

"Oh no." Skye breathes heavily as she wakes, glancing at the clock to see it's just about seven, the whole room will be awake in a matter of minutes to start the wedding day. Quickly she climbs from the bed, hoping to have not disturbed Nika sleeping beside her.

Unleashing everything in her stomach into the toilet as quietly as she can she cleans her mouth, sprays the air freshener and crawls back into bed, hoping to hide that this could be a very bad day for her. Nothing is going to ruin her wedding day, especially not being sick because of the pregnancy.

"Are you okay, mom?" Nika whispers, cuddling closer to her.

"I'm okay. Just had to use the bathroom." Skye tries, cuddling her arms around Nika.

"I heard you throwing up, I know what it sounds like after sleeping in your bed for so long with you." Nika whispers.

"I'm fine, Nika, I took my meds and nothing is going to hurt today. I get to marry your daddy today, and I won't let a little sickness mess with that."

"Be careful okay. I don't want you or baby to be hurt." Nika nods, concern written in her little eyes.

"We will both be just fine. I promise." Skye smiles, kissing Nika's forehead as she hears Mali's alarm go off, signaling to everyone that it's time to wake up.

The room turns into chaos almost instantly, Mali directing people to do this and that in preparation for their leaving to the venue at eight-thirty. KayKay was put on Skye duty, both women told to sit together and KayKay to make sure Skye ate something she could keep down. Not objecting to the idea of sitting for as long as she can while eight months pregnant, KayKay does her job quite well. Keeping Skye company as Mali and Nika double check everything makes it into the SUV taking the group to the venue. Skye munching slowly on a pancake and some ginger tea to give her body some fuel.

The venue is only a short drive outside of Sydney, on a cliffside over looking the Pacific Ocean, but the short drive is enough to get Skye's stomach churning. The bathroom in the bridal suite being used immediately upon arrival. Luckily Mali is understanding and ready to roll with it, setting to work Nika as Skye's new babysitter. The priority is keeping her seated and well hydrated, and making sure she gets something to stay in her stomach before demanding Skye take a short power nap to let her body relax some.

After one more round of sick during the day and a small look of concern in Mali's eye, they manage to get Skye dressed and beautified, Mali walking her in front of the mirror as the hairstylist finishes up the last of Skye's half up hairdo.

"You look so pretty, mom." Nika giggles as she hurry's over to cling to Skye's arm, her own white dress looking beautiful on her.

"So do you, Punk Princess. Today you look like a Disney princess."

"Alright, you're feeling okay, Skye?" Mali asks.

"I'm okay right now. Steady and in control." Skye nods.

"You two have some photos to get to then. The rest of us will be dressed and out to meet you guys for group shots in a little bit." Mali smiles, pulling Skye into a hug, "I'm so happy for you."

"Don't let Calum cry too hard." Sierra calls as Nika finds her small crocheted cardigan and shrugs it on.

"No promises." Skye laughs, taking Nika's hand and following the venue employee who is leading them to the photo location.

"Skye! You look radiant." Liz grins as they meet her outside, Nika running to hug the woman.

"Thank you. I can't believe you wanted to photograph the day instead of just enjoy it with us." Skye chuckles.