Case 16: Somewhere, Only we Know.

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~

Case 16: Somewhere, Only we Know.

It felt like i was one with the wind as the night wind brushed past me. She was driving smoothly in the busy road. I looked around and the place was a little unfamiliar. She turned to a dirt road as she said hold tightly.

The ride was a little bumpy, the road started to elevate and a lot more turn. I knew i don't know where i was but my self trusted her more than i thought that i didn't felt scared, specially knowing a little from her and I'm just with her to an unknown place.

Once we turn to a steep road, i hugged her more tightly and looked around. I was in awe. As we climbed up with her bike, i looked at the view, it was a breathtaking view of the city lights up here. It feels as if the city was just a pool of lights. Soon the view was out of view because of the trees, when we reached the flat ground. There was a gate and fences, with signs. No Trespassing. Do not enter. Private property. Beware of wild bears.

But that didn't stop her, she drove near a gate and somehow she unlocked it. Did she have the key here? Without getting off, she kicked the gate open and entered.

"Could you push it close?" She asked and i did what was asked. It automatically locked itself as soon as the latch touched the bar. Then she drove on the pathway of weeds and wild flowers. Then a minute later, she stopped right infront of a cemented path. There was flowers on the side, they were well taken care of like someone was tending to them.

"Wow..." was the only word i could muster. The place... it was indescribable. It was beautiful. There was a small shed right at the end of the cliff. As we walked there, the view on the entire city was now insight. It was a beautiful place.

"This place is incredible" i said as i watched how the city turned into pool of lights.

"This is the place where i can think, a place where i can be me..." she said. I turned around and saw her look far away. Her eyes felt like they were longing for something... for someone. "I've never brought anyone here before. You were the first one."

"I feel honored..." I said. the silence filled up the air but it wasn't awkward. it was more like a comfortable one.

we just both watched and appreciated the view over the city. it was a beautiful one. the chilly wind suddenly passed by us and with just my sweater alone, it made sigh deeply.

In the midst of the silence and cold night. As i stare out relaxing on the pleasure the view offers, i felt warmth embrace my back and slowly, my whole body felt warm.

I faced her and she smiled. She put her coat over me, and even against the dim lighting, i can see her figure on her black turtle neck. It was the same type of outfit every time but they give different vibes to her. I gripped her coat and felt the warmth it provided me. I didn't knew i was that cold but thanks to her, i didn't freeze.

"This place is really beautiful..." i said out of the blue. She then suddenly stood up and walked a few step then picked up a stone.

"This'll make things more beautiful." She said and in one swift move, she threw the stone on a nearby patches of tall grasses. One by one, fireflies started flying around... dozens of fireflies flies randomly.

If ever the situation was different... this place is the most romantic place i've ever been. Watching her smile against the darkness. This was different to the Scott i knew, to the Scott we all know. She was more carefree and playful.