Case 7: Library

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

Case 7: Library.

"Cesare Beccaria" i heard Kris muttered.

"That's his name right?" Jules asked Tey who was walking beside me. She just nodded and continued walking.

We're on our way to the lecture hall where our exams are being held. I can see everyone we're passing by have their nose deep in their books or print outs. I can hear everyone muttering their memorized sentences. Everyone was busy, they had their own world that's full of lectures, definition, sentences, and equations.

I've been buried in books since i left the hospital. The others also didn't have the appetite to attend such parties knowing what just happened recently. They've been worried that it might've left some trauma to my head but i assured them i didn't. The twins have been staying by my side for the first week since, it might happen again. It was such a sweet move but it was bothering me. I couldn't focus on my own work as i would constantly hear them arguing with each other or playing.

Then Tey would stay downstairs for a long time after i went up to my room, triple checking the locks and windows in the house. They were being too cautious. But i understand them. No one wanted what happened and i don't blame them for worrying too much. There's also Olivia who's been staying by my side too.

Anyway, i have to focus and pass this exam so i can graduate with ease. I don't wanna fail and take another semester for just a single subject.

Entering the room was surprisingly hard. By the door, you could feel the intensity of everyone who's already inside. It was leaking out, the cold atmosphere coming from every student who's been cramming.

Soon, when we were seated the bell rung and the professor cleared his throat. He explained the mechanism of today's exam. What's the dos and don'ts. Then he handed each and everyone the booklet and a single piece of paper was provided for us and thus began our two hour agony with a pen and paper.

....

It hasn't been an hour and someone already stood up causing everyone to look at the person from behind us. It was her again. How come she finished already?

She was casually holding her paper and i can see her jumbled handwritting. It was a mess in her paper. But what confused me was they were short sentences. Was the answer to this question that easy? I'm having a hard time here but i was managing... ugh! I shouldn't concern myself to her. I have to focus.

Just before i look back to my paper, i felt her gaze landed on me. The cold gaze was a very familiar thing to me that i immediately looked into her eyes too. It was my reflexes. My eyes moved on their own, sending me into the abyss of hers.

"Mind your papers" i heard the professor said snapping my neck back to my paper. I started writing again.

She was definitely looking at me with those eyes. As she step down the stairs, i know she also looked at me. Those cold eyes, i felt like i've seen them that night too. But i wasn't sure, i didn't know if that was true. But it was like she's there that night. Might be my imagination? I'm not sure.

I looked down from my seat and saw her pass her paper to the professor as they spoke in low voices to not interrupt the students. I could see the professor was happy with her. And before she left again, she looked back to me and just as that, i refocused on my paper again. When i felt her leave, i tried to glance at where she was, and she was actually gone.