Case 5: After all, She is Tey Zorox.

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

Case 5: After all, She is Tey Zorox.

Discomfort. It is to trouble the mind or to make it uneasy. It is the feeling when your mind kept wandering around but you try to suppress it because it is dangerous. That's how i've been feeling for the past days. It's such an eerie feeling. I hated it.

I hated the fact that there's something out there that i cannot know. I've been like this since i was a kid, one of the reason i decided to follow my father's path. Being intrigued by things and piecing things together and coming with an answer. It was such a thing. If you're a mathematician and you faced a hard problem, you start using equations and other techniques for a long time and then when suddenly, you found the correct solution, there's a kind of satisfaction you feel. that's how it feels when you encounter a mystery and you find the answer.

"You're smiling to yourself, again." Tey suddenly said as she sat down on my bed. She looked like she just came home.

"Oh... welcome back" i said putting down the course book.

"How are you? Did you find the answer?" She asked. Like i said last time, she knew me like the back of her hand. When i zone out i used to come up with answers in my head, she knew that or rather she noticed it. This is how i answer the questions they throw at me.

"I'm fine and i haven't." I answered. Seeing she was holding a box of donuts, i tried to reach it just as she hold it away

"Let's go down, we need to talk... over some coffee" she smiled with a hidden worried tone. She stood up walked to the door and looked back at me before completely leaving.

That was weird but i know she was serious, this was like, gonna be our third serious talk ever since. The first one was when this guy asked me out and the second one was about my college decision. She's always like this and i know, i have to listen to whatever she has to say, because she is Tey Zorox, my ultimate best friend, my advisor. And whatever she says have sense.

I walked downstairs after a couple of minute, Kris and Jules was out tonight. They went home since it was weekend tomorrow. I saw Tey on the counter pouring some coffee on the two mugs infront of her and the box of donuts beside it.

"Hey..." i called stopping her, she looked at me and smiled.

"Hey to you too" she replied sliding one of the mugs to me. It smelled heavenly.

"I really like your brews" i said taking a sip. She just smiled as she sat down across me.

It was ok at first but the silence was overbearing, but i felt like i should let her talk first or if she decided not to. I was halfway into finishing my coffee and had atleast two donuts when i heard her clear her throat.

"So... what did you and Scott talked about?" She blurted out. I just stared at her, not completely understanding her question.

"You know? Earlier?" She continued moving her hands, like she was making the memory resurface.

"Oh it was nothing. I just thank her for something" i said, "why?"

"Was that all?"

"What do you mean all?" I was starting to get suspicious of her question but she smiled. A smile of relief.

"It's nothing, i just thought you might be like the others..." she said pertaining to the students flocking towards Scott.

I scoffed and laughed at her, "oh that'll never happen, she's too serious and you know that" i continued to laugh.