Case 15: Library (2)

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~

CASE 14: Library (2)

Today is my first day at the library, i can see that the place isn't packed as usual. I decided to get the jail history book since this is where i failed. I went to the history section and finally found the book... huh? Is this supposed to be my unlucky day?

Who put that book in the top shelf? Where's the freaking stool here? And why is there no library assistant roaming around here or even just any random tall person? Geez... i'm not short and I'm also not tall just the normal height but this damn shelf just got to be around 7 to 8 ft. Why? It should be a student-friendly shelf? What if ere was a "short" person taking a book on the top shelf? There's not stool or ladder nearby nor assistant to help. Guess i have to do "that".... and what i meant by "that", I'm climbing this freaking shelf. Please God, don't let me fall and get hurt.

I only climbed one shelf and reached my hand, it's only a little more and my freaking hand is overstretched.

"Just almost there..." i could feel the edges of some book poking my stomach.

"Do you need he-"

"Ahk!"

Yeah a little prayer couldn't hurt. as I felt myself falling and I know that just in any second i'll feel my bum aching but it's weird. I had my eyes closed, ready for the impact but it didn't came. how? ohh I was caught by s-s-someone?!

I quickly opened my eyes and couldn't believe it! her jaw was more alluring this up close.

"You okay?" she asked, her brows were creased together. her arms, I could feel how strong she is.

"yeah..." I answered and she looked up to where I was reaching.

"you should've asked for help" she said as she gently put me down and reached for the chemistry book.

"well... I was supposed to ask but no one was around" I said in defense.

"here..." she said and hand it down to me, her tall stature was as amazing as ever. the tip of my head would only reach the middle of her neck at best.

"did you fail a test?" she asked.

"why?" I asked back.

"well... that book's for the past lesson and the exams were over."

"okay miss know-it-all, yes I did fail a test... but instead of chit chatting here, why don't we sit down and you'll tutor me?" I sarcastically said and I was quite surprise by my self too.

she looked at me and even raised one eyebrow, probably second guessing my question. she took her phone out and checked something before returning her gaze at me.

"well okay... lets sit down so we could start" she said and walked awy, that took me by surprise too. you've got to be kidding me.

"wait are you serious? if you aren't it's okay, I was just kidd-"

"do I look like I was kidding?" she asked her emotionless face was more blank when she turned to me."

"uh n-no..." I answered.

"good, now follow me" she said and she started walking outside the rows of bookshelves. she started walking to an empty table for two and sat down, which I followed.