CHAPTER 10: WITHOUT YOU

Happy Birthday MaryamASD
Today's updates are for you!❤ Allah's Noor and Khair now and always 🎂💃

"You know you'll always be my daughter right?" Daddy said out of the blue.

Jannah whom is sitting with him in his study looked up from the Islamic book titled 'Islamic Treasuries of Virtue by Maulana Wahiduddin Khan' she was reading. She placed it down slowly, "Daddy why are you asking me that?" she asked the corner of her lip titling up a bit. She knew whenever he started talking like this; she could use it to tease him about him loving her out of all his children.

But this time, his face didn't hold the usual smile he always has on when she says something like that, "You know that right?" he repeated ignoring her statement.

"Of course I do" she nodded her brows creasing up and the smile falling from her face.

He nodded, "You know your mom loves you too right?" he asked the question he had been dreading to ask her for years.

She looked down instantly, "I'm not sure about that" she mumbled starting to play with the ring on her index finger. She wondered why he would say something like that out of the blue when he of all people knew the relationship she shares with her mother.

"She does" he answered his earlier question having heard what she said.

She sighed and looked up, "Daddy I'm not changing my mind" she said making him look down and shake his head slightly before looking back up.

"It wasn't your fault"

"Yes it was" her voice came out low and despite the pain she felt in her heart she still managed to offer him a small smile.

Her father didn't need her to tell him that she's hurting by staying there; it was evident in her words and eyes. However, no matter how much he tries to assure her that everything's going to be okay he knew she needed to convince herself that and not anybody else because she won't believe him. "What can I do to convince you?" he asked, his voice seeming pleading. He doesn't know what to do anymore to get her to change her mind without adding more to the pain she's feeling.

"Nothing" she shook her head, "Just let me go please"

He looked away not able to stand seeing the look on her face. He knew his daughter to always be the one to choose everyone's happiness over hers no matter the length she has to go to do that. And though that might be termed as a good term, he hardly believes that anymore.

"Please daddy" she repeated swallowing thickly. He's making this harder for her.

"Is this what you really want?" he asked still not turning to look at her.

She nodded though he can't see her, "Yes Daddy"

"Ok then. I'll get your visa ready by tomorrow" he said with a heavy heart, "You can stay with your uncle in Abuja"

"No daddy I wasn't planning on going to Abuja" she said quickly making him turn to finally look at her.

"What do you mean?" he asked genuinely confused, "Where do you want to go then?"

"Abroad"

"What? No! I certainly won't let you go abroad alone, no way" he said raising his voice slightly as the anger and pain he's feeling but mostly anger. Why would she think of going so far to avoid them? Did he fail her as a father to that extent?