CHAPTER 3: NEW BOSS

Jannah and Kamal spent most of the night watching Scream queens till around three in the morning when Jannah realized that Kamal slept off. She knew he wanted to sleep earlier but with her being another mini scream queen he couldn't. It was like every time the part of the red devil comes she's always screaming and hiding her face in the crook of his neck while he just laughs at her. It wasn't the first time they're watching the series yet she acts as if she doesn't know what's going to happen. He found it ridiculous really.

Jannah went to his room and brought him a pillow and blanket knowing that it'll be a waste of time to wake him up. The guy sleeps like a corpse. The only time he's going to wake up is when it's time for Subh prayers and it's his father who will wake him up to go to the mosque, and that's two hours from now.

She raised his head up and slid the pillow beneath it before wrapping the blanket around him. This isn't the first time he's sleeping on a couch, actually they're quite used to it whenever they are having some sort of series marathon, and it always ends up like this.

She turned off the TV before lowering the AC level. With that, she turned off the lights and head up to her room where she took off the hoodie. She performed ablution again before hitting her bed not wanting to be late again. Hopefully, today won't be like yesterday.

Two hours later, she woke up, prayed and set her alarm to wake her up at 7 exactly. Thankfully, today luck is on her side because she woke up on time. She knew she should be at work by eight and so she has one hour to eat, dress up and drive to work.

One glance at the girl and you'll know she's back to being the jovial girl she has always been. After taking her shower she dressed up in an off shoulder blue with red touches top and a matching palazzo pants which she paired up with a red kimono. She took her time to do her makeup as usual, and today she applied matching cherry red lipstick like her outfit. She really doesn't understand why some girls don't like makeup, she loves her makeup. She tied her hair into a low ponytail which she covered with a Saxe blue veil.

She went to her wardrobe and picked out a white Chanel bag and matching heels. Just because she tripped in heels doesn't mean she's not going to wear them again. The only difference is that today the heels aren't as tall as that of yesterdays.

Just like any other day, breakfast was ready. Her aunt's husband has left already and her aunt is in their room doing Allah's knows what, probably reading the Quran like she always does every morning after preparing breakfast.

She ate her breakfast alone taking her time to do so seeing that she has over thirty minutes left. However she knew traffic could delay her so she cleared her plates up and placed them in the dishwasher. Now what she found as the most entertaining thing in the morning is the sight of Kamal still sleeping on the couch. And idea came to her that made her smirk.

She walked to where he is knowing that no matter how much noise she makes he won't stir up. She shoved her hand in her bag and brought out the black highlighter and carefully drew on his face. The one she make most prominent is the big mustache she drew. The girl literally covered almost every part of his face with ink and made him look like a clown.

She closed her mouth to stifle her laughter. She brought out a paper and left him

~Good morning. I hope you like your present. Safe trip.

Your beloved Jannah.

She sticks it on his phone before turning on her heels and walking away. They had talked about this last night. He was travelling today for some business abroad and he'll be gone for a few days. If she is actually being honest then she doesn't know what type of work he does. All she knows is that it has something to do with marketing and whatnot. And besides, he hardly looks like someone with a work. All he does is go out with his friends all the time and then occasionally travel to some state or country for 'business' all of the sudden.