CHAPTER 36: IT'S NOT OKAY

"Jaan!" Jannah called but he ignored her.

He walked towards the vanity table and picked up his phone before he walked out of the room, not sparing her a glance.

Jannah bit her lower lip as she blinked back the tears in her eyes. She followed him, hastily down the stairs as fast as she can. She didn't care that she was about to fall, or that the entire people in the house could hear her calling after him, "Suhad!" She called him again, for the nth time.

But just like all those other times, he ignored her.

"Seriously? You're not even going to say a word--" She intentionally fell, pretending to have tripped.

He stopped in his tracks. She waited for him to turn and help her up. For him to touch her, talk to her, look at her...anything! Whatever it is, no matter how small, she'll take it. It's better than this silent treatment he's giving her.

She released a small sigh of relief and a small smile adorned her lips when she saw that he stopped. However, her happiness was short lived because he continued walking towards the door, pulling out his phone, he dialed God knows whose number and talked.

Something she couldn't get him to do for a week now.

By now you've probably realized that there's trouble in paradise.

She scoffed and bit her lower lip in frustration. She stood up, her shoes clanking on the marble floor as she followed her husband outside where he was heading to his car. These days, he hardly drives himself to work which was so unlike him. Since they got married, she hardly saw him go to work with a driver but these days, he's always with his driver.

Before he could reach the car, she stepped in front of him, blocking his way. He tried to walk beside her but she stepped in front of him, again. "You're not going to leave again without a word to me" She said, trying to make her voice come out strong but she was failing, because her voice broke at the end. She bit the inside of her cheeks to stop the tears threatening to fall. "How can you always leave just like that? You don't even talk to me anymore, heck! You don't even look at me!" She half yelled.

And while she looked like she's losing it slowly, Suhad looked nonchalant.

He stared at her with a stoic face. She couldn't tell what he was thinking of.

The sounds of footsteps were what made her stop. She looked beside them to where his driver and guard were waiting for him. She gulped, "Modibbo can you give us five minutes please" She said to the driver who nodded, patting the guard beside him.

"Stay" Suhad said looking at the two, "I'm leaving now" He didn't even bother to look at his wife that's staring at him in disbelief.

"No you're not!" She raised her voice again. She couldn't control it though, at the moment, her emotions were just all over the place.

He turned to look at her, one brow raised. She inhaled deeply and then exhaled, "Look, I get that I did something wrong, I know that but this is too much. I can handle you ignoring me for a day or two but a week? Seriously Suhad? What do you want me to do? To say I'm sorry? Fine! I'm sorry" She said, trying to keep her voice down but it still raised.

That wasn't what Suhad cared about though.

What upsets him more is that she lied, again.

She wasn't sorry. She didn't regret anything she did.

She took his silence as a positive thing, and so inched closer to him. Moving her hands to hold his, he stepped back and this time walked around her to his car, getting into the already opened back door. "Let's go Modibbo" She heard him say to his driver who quickly scrambled into the driver's seat. The driver taking his seat in the passenger's seat.