CHAPTER 7:HOPE

~GOMBE, NIGERIA~

Suhad sighed as the driver parked the car in the parking lot. One of the palace guards quickly ran to where the car was and didn't waste a second before opening the door for the crowned Prince whom sat in the back. The others were busy chanting praises at the Prince just like they always do; sometimes Suhad wonders if they ever get tired of it but by the looks of it; no.

After thanking them, Suhad made his way inside the house using the backdoor to avoid people. He knew that most if not all of them knows he's in town but he can't help but feel like if he avoids them it will make a difference. Now he wouldn't even be in Gombe if Mamita have not ordered him to come seeing that her son has no intention of coming back home any time soon.

And every time he's here it's the same conversation over and over again. "You're not getting any younger young man!" she'll say or more like scold, "I want a daughter in law and you better bring me one soon. Even your friend Aamir is married already so why are you still single?" she'll add after releasing dramatic sigh, "Ko so kake in samo maka matan? (Or do you want me to seek a wife for you?)"

The conversations always revolved around that. And it's not that she cares about his love life to be honest all she cares about is the fact that if he's married he'll back better chance at being King and that's just it. It was never anything more than that.

Suhad locked the door of his room behind him once he stepped in. He walked to where the switch is and turned it on before walking back to his bed after removing his shoes. He opened his duffle bag and brought out his laptop before setting it on the bed. He leaned back and spent the rest of his time watching movies as he had nothing to do at the moment.

The hours passed quickly and before he knew it the door opened making him sigh. He internally cursed himself for removing the key after the locked the door. Though he knew it wasn't his mother, the woman is equally same as her.

Jakadiya being the only one that has his room key apart from him walked in with a tray which had a glass of water on it along with food and pills. She shot the crowned Prince a small glare seeing the look on his face.

"You do know there's no point in hiding here right?" she said placing the tray on a bedside cabinet before picking up the glass cup and handing it to him.

"How so? I mean I've been sitting peacefully for hours now so if anything there's a point in it" he replied taking the pills she handed him.

She sighed watching him swallow the pills, "She's seeking your presence"

"I'll go later"

"No. You're going now" she stated sternly.

Suhad stared at her for a moment. It's actually times like this that reminds him of how she was a mother to him more than his own real mother is. The woman and Malika basically raised him with motherly love while Mamita 'prepared him to be the next king'.

He attempted to give her one of his famous smiles and sad eyes that'll make her let him do what he wants but she wasn't having any of it.

And that's how he ended up in front of his mother's living room. He didn't bother knocking on the doors or anything as he knew she was expecting him already so he just walked in.

Queen Saeemah sat on a magenta thick carpet with six other women whom each three sat by the left and then the right. Suhad recognized them all as her 'female council' as she likes to address them but really they're just wives of high men in the state that just show up to flash their fineries and talk trash of other women; their co wives to be precise like Malika though they don't dare to say it to her face. As if.