CHAPTER 5: FAMILY

"How long has that man been your boss?" Suhad asked once he revved the car to life and drove out of ANNA'S parking lot. He turned his head for a brief second to look at his sister whom is typing Allah knows what on her phone.

"One week"

"Is he the man you told me about?"

She nodded; "Yup" she said dragging the 'p'. "He is a good boss honestly keep aside his arrogance and whatnot but it doesn't take a blind man to see that he has a thing for Jannah. I mean I noticed it"

Suhad used his left hand to drive while he brought the right one under his chin as he think about her words, "What makes you say that?"

Fatimah sighed keeping her phone on her thigh, "Well...He's always helping her with her designs and is constantly looking for ways to talk to her and all"

"He likes her" Suhad stated. He noticed at already with the way the man is all talky and touchy with her but Fatimah's words only proved it to be right.

"Just like you do"

This made him look at her with his eyes slightly narrowed.

She rolled her eyes, "C'mon Bhai. You know you can't hide anything from me. I saw the way you looked at her"

"How I look at her? I look at her just like any other person"

"No you don't" she shook her head.

"Ok then how do I look at her?"

"Like she's all you ever want to see. Like you'll do anything to get her", she said making him sigh knowing she's right. They never hide anything from each other and so were really close, "Is she the one?"

"The one?"

"The girl you actually loved. The one that left you five years ago? And then officially dumped you two years ago?" she asked making him glare at her when she mentioned him being 'dumped'.

He moved his gaze back on the road, "I thought you would've figured out already seeing how close you two are"

"First of all..." she raised her index finger to justify her next words, "You never told me the girl's name" she stated "And second of all, I've only met Jannah for a week and she is nothing like the girl you told me about"

"That's because she is not"

"Huh? But you just said she is the one" She tried to raise a brow but failed miserably since she can't.

"She changed"

She looked at him as if he's an alien, "So, people change. And if it so happens that that person is the one we love then we need to trying to make things work out like that. You can't expect a person to be the same forever. You should've sat with her and talked things out, settle on something you both agree with"

"Ok I'll not be getting dating advices from my younger sister" he shook his head waving her off, "And especially not a sister that has never been in a relationship before"

She leaned back on her seat, "And that is why I'm still enjoying my life. No dating; no tension"

"Yeah well same applies to me"

She huffed, "Oh please, you will not date? Kasan anayiwa maza auren dole ko? (You know some men are actually forced into marriage right?) And if you know what's good for you you'll get married before Mamita force you. And you know she would" She laughed at the end at the thought of her Bhai being forced into marriage. That will be so hilarious, she thought.