CHAPTER 31: STARS ALIGN

It's my birthday!! Alhamdullilah!

Dedicated to hasmerhD who's one of the first few people to remember and wish me a happy birthday. I love you b!

"I'm waiting!" Jannah called out to Suhad who went out to get her gift. The two had just returned from the birthday party that lasted for about two hours. But those hours were the best she had in weeks. It was refreshing to be around people that love and care for you after everything she'd been through.

Who knew the day would end like that? The day she's supposed to share her husband with someone turned to a day she'll never forget...

Silence followed afterward. She waited for a couple of seconds more before she called him again, "Jaan!"

Still, no reply.

She sighed and quickly tied her hair into a bun and slipped into her flip flops. She didn't bother to cover her hair knowing that they're the only ones in the house. Well, technically, they along with the maids that live in the house but she highly doubts that they are awake, it's pretty late. Just an hour before midnight. Yes, they stayed out that late considering the fact that they didn't go out for the dinner date the instant they left Bilkisu's house.

The sound of the flip flops softly hitting the tiled floor is the only sound heard, and even then, it wasn't that audible.

The lights are still flicked on which only made her surer that he's still out here. "Jaan" she called again as she checked the kitchen—he wasn't there. So, she made her way to the living room and just like the kitchen, he wasn't there too. She sighed and was about to go back to their room when her gaze caught something that wasn't there earlier.

She made her way to the table where a brown envelope sat with something in it. Her brows furrowed as she made her towards it. A note is written on the envelope.

To Jannah. It said.

The crease between her brows deepened as she reached out her hand to pick it up. She turned it around and peeled the top off. Her hand slipped into the envelope before she pulled out something out of it, keeping the now empty envelope aside and holding what she pulled out in her hand.

She blinked as she read what's written on the cover that's a collage of the pictures she had Suhad had taken right from the day the two went on their first date, five years ago.

"Stars Align" She muttered to herself as she ran her hand over the neatly cursive font in black color. She opened it, her eyes going over the words written on the first page that's a picture of her laughing. She never knew the picture existed but there it was.

-My life didn't have much of a meaning. I just followed orders and did what was expected of me. I didn't have a problem with it though, I thought I liked the way I lived.

I guess that was all before I met her.

She showed me that there's more to life that the one I was living. That I didn't need to follow every order and have my life planned to be happy. She taught me that I could be happy if I made my own decisions, because well, I'm human too.

She taught and showed me the meaning of life.

I now know what life is. I know what my life is.

And it's her. She's my life.

Jannah blinked and just as she turned to the next page, two arms wrapped around her waist as he placed his head on her shoulder, "What is this?" she whispered. She didn't need to turn to know that it's her husband. She could tell from the cologne.