CHAPTER 20:BROKEN

Jannah looked down as the tears stream down her face. She knew it but it hurt to hear the doctor say it. Ya Allah it hurts so much, she thought as she bit her lip so hard that she could taste the metallic taste of blood, but she didn't care.

"I'm sorry, but she's gone" The doctor said and then walked away after saying something that she didn't focus on.

Jannah didn't bother to wipe the tears away as she turned and started walking away sluggishly with no destination in mind.

"Jannah..." Kamal called out just as Fatimah reached out to hold her friend. He held her upper arm to stop her from walking away just in time Daihaah arrived at the place all but running.

Jannah sniffed and turned to look at Kamal when her gaze met that of Suhad that was watching her with an emotion so intense she couldn't focus on, but that was nothing to what she felt at the moment. She turned her head and her gaze met that of Kamal whose are red from the tears he had refuse to let fall. He refused to cry when Jannah is in a much worse situation. He needed to be her backbone at the moment for he knew that she needed it. "Let go" Jannah said in a low tone. She didn't have an iota of energy left in her to raise her voice or put up a fight.

Kamal shook his head, "No. I can take you home if you want"

She looked down as another wave of tears fell; she sniffed again and looked up, "No. I want to go alone." she said, her voice breaking down but she didn't care."I just want to be alone" she whispered.

"Then I'll have the driver drive you back home" Kamal said pulling out his phone. Messages flooded his phone as apparently word about his uncle's demise has gone out so everyone's just sending their prayers for the late man and his wife.

Jannah pushed some of the tendrils of hair that fell out of the low ponytail she made out of her face. Somehow, amidst of wailing over the loss of her mother, her veil fell and finding it was the least of her concern.

She said nothing as he pulled her into a hug and rested his chin on her head rubbing soothing circles on her back. No matter how tall she is, her goofball of a cousin is still a tad taller than her. "It's going to be okay" he whispered making her clench her eyes shut, tight.

He's lying. It's not going to be ok. It never will.

But she didn't tell him that, she knew he too is in pain at the moment.

Her body began to tremble and she knew she was about to break down completely, and she rather not do it there. She pulled back after hugging him back sniffing back her tears and turned to walk away wrapping her arms around herself not caring about the others. She didn't want to look at these knowing that they were only going to give her pitiful glances.

Just in time, her aunt walked in, or more like ran in accompanied by her husband running after Jannah's little sister that ran over to Kamal with tears streaming down her face. The little girl clutched Kamal's shoulders as she looked at him with tear stained face, "Yaya Kamal please tell me they're lying! Mama da Baba basu mutu ba. Ko Ya Kamal?" the little girl pleaded as her body shook with the tears that fell.

Jannah stopped and looked down biting her busted lip not caring about the pain as she cried silently.

Kamal closed his eyes as he placed his hands over his cousin's, "Nuwaiyra" he started inhaling sharply, "I'm sorry..."

Nuwaiyra shook her head rapidly, "No...y'all are lying! My parents are alive, you're lying" the girl sobbed and when Kamal tried to hug her she pulled herself away.

"Nuwaiyra..." Daihaah said taking cautious steps towards the girl whom moved away from her.

"Adda Daihaah they're lying bah?"