CHAPTER 14: A KING

"Thank you for inviting me Mamitah"

Suhad watched the girl return the hug Mamitah gave her with a passive look on his face. Once she pulled out of the hug, the girl then turned to Suhad whom plastered a fake wide smile on his face.

"Did you two have a good time?" Mamitah asked looking between the two whom exchanged looks amongst themselves.

The girl nodded shyly looking down before raising her head to look at Suhad again, "Yes we did. Suhad was very caring" she replied making Mamitah nod whom had a big smile plastered on her face.

"Well, I'm glad you two got along. Bilkisu, join us for lunch" Mamitah said taking the girl's hand and dragging her to the dinning before Bilkisu can reject it.

The minute the two were out of sight the smile on Suhad's face fell and he released a sigh he didn't know he was holding. He licked his chapped lips unknowingly as his shoulder staggers. As the two disappeared into the dinning, he looked up and his gaze met that of Fatimah whom watched him with a look he knew very well. The same look she gives him every time this happens.

"Fatimah don't" he said as his younger sister walked down the stairs.

"Don't what? Tell you the truth?" she asked in a tone that she's mad at him but she didn't show it as much. She had always been good at hiding her emotions.

"Don't start that with me right now, I've had a long day" he ran his fingers through his head as he walked towards the couch and slumped on one.

"Who's daughter is this one this time?"

"A Minister"

Fatimah hummed glancing at the dining's direction before turning to her brother, "She seems nice" she commented crossing her hands over her torso.

"That's because she is nice" He muttered hiding his face in his palms.

"Huh" she said gaining his attention, "What was that?" she asked referring to what he said though she heard him.

"Nothing" he said not looking up.

"That's a first"

"What is?" he finally looked up to look at his sister whose face remained passive.

"You never said any of the other girl were nice" she stated as a matter of fact because they both know it's true.

"That's because they weren't" he replied leaning back on the couch and closing his eyes.

Fatimah hummed again, "So what makes her so different from them? She's Mamitah's choice after all"

"I don't know Fatimah okay? I don't know!" he raised his voice slightly but she didn't flinch because she was expecting him to react like this. He exhaled slowly trying to gain back his calm, "All I know is that she's nothing like them"

"So you're going to marry her?" she asked.

He kept quiet.

Her face morphed into that of disbelief, "Are you?" she didn't bother to hide the distaste and disgust in her tone. For some reason she doesn't believe that a girl that Mamitah chose can be different from the ones she had set up him up with. And all those other times, he only made rude remarks about them but for the first time he's actually trying to defend the girl.

What the hell is going on?! Fatimah thought.

"Well are you?" she asked for the third time.

"I don't know"

"You're an idiot you know that right" she said making his eyes shot up to look at her, she could see that he was slowly getting angry from the way his eyes narrowed and the veins on his forehead began to pop out. But, she didn't stop, "And what about Jannah huh? Are you just going to leave her?" If one doesn't know her, the person will say that Fatimah's about to cry from the way her voice sounded but she wasn't.