Chapter 21, Hear Me

Sorry for the long wait, but without further ado here it is.

Karin pulls away, giving Allekata a minute to collect herself and calm down before bringing down her barrier of fire arrows.

There. Just above them is Toshiro, Ichigo and Shikone, both boys are fighting her in their Bankai forms, and it looked like they were trying to keep her away from Karin and Allekata.

Allekata stares up at Shikone. Her Master. Her Mother. She saw her now in a new light, Shikone had been through so much and given so little.

The only one who had ever tried to show her Master love was Resilla, but even her love was not strong enough for Shikone to see, and blinded by hatred and rage, she destroyed the only thing she ever held the most dear to her.

'She made the right choice then, what's changed?' Karin's voice reverberated inside Allekata's head, and looking at Shikone, at the desperate anger flashing in her eyes, she knew exactly what had changed.

No one knew just how much she was suffering, no one knew, and no one ever cared enough to ever ask. She carried the weight of her people's sorrow, and their pain on her shoulders so that they would not have to feel it.

But that kind of torture always leaves a scar.

Allekata shakes her head, "if we give back the hate we get, then what makes us any better than them? Hate creates monsters, monsters bring madness." Allekata says to Karin.

Ichigo looks down, and seeing Allekata so close to his little sister, he doesn't think, he just charges, blade drawn.

Karin does not yet respond to Allekata, for Ichigo was heading their way fast, and he had only one thing on his mind. Karin jumps in front of Allekata as both siblings Zanpakto scrape together in a sudden frenzy, causing Ichigo to immediately jump back, eyes wide.

"Stand down Ichigo." Karin tells her brother.

"She is our enemy Karin!"

"She is neither our enemy nor our ally." Karin says, confusing her brother even more.

"What?"

Karin rolls her eyes, "you can trust her, rather you believe anything else or not, I need you to believe that most of all."

They lock eyes, and finally after a full minute of just staring at each other Ichigo sighs, nodding his head as he replies, "alright."

Allekata looks up at a raging Shikone, "All she sees is hatred, how do I get her to understand?"

Karin follows Allekata's gaze, "show her what you see."

"How?"

Karin shrugs, "that one you will have to figure out for yourself."

"I thought you knew everything."

Karin laughs, "I don't know everything, one can never know everything, and honestly, I'm just making a lot of this up as I go with the more knowledge I learn.

A hollow screams above them.

Karin does not look up, she just simply snaps her fingers.

Arrows of fire appear out of nowhere and pierce the Hollow in an instant, turning it to ash before them.

"Karin?" Ichigo asks.

"Don't worry." She says, "the souls inside were freed before it turned to ash." Karin then turns toward Toshiro and Shikone, Toshiro's Bankai form so beautiful. "Now then...Toshiro! Move out of the way!" Shouts Karin, causing Toshiro to look down at her as she charges up at rapid speed.