Chapter 13, Save Them

Karin dodges the sedo  blasted her way with ease, jumping atop the huge things arm as she runs up it, blade drawn and ready.

She aims for the creature's chest, right where its hole is at, but the Hollow is faster then she thought, causing her to quickly defend against another sedo at the same time its hand moves in rapid succession to swat her away.

"Shit!" She curses aloud, the voices in her growing more persistent, screaming so loud now that she can barely even hear herself think.

'Please don't Master.' She quickly pulls herself out of a memory from one of the souls trapped within the hollow, a sharp pain shooting through her head. But she could still feel the girl's terror, still see Shikone's smiling face as she thrust her fist inside the girls chest and pulled her very heart out. It was utterly chilling, the way she held the heart in her hand with no emotion behind her eyes, her mouth in a smile.

'Karin!' She hears Shionnei's voice inside her head, 'be calm, your problem is that the hollow moves too fast for you to target where you need to.'

'So what do you suggest then?" Karin asks.

'We have to stop its movements, we need to entrap it somehow.'

'How?' Karin questions dodging out of the way from another one of its attacks.

It's quiet for a moment before Shionnei replies, 'use me, the arrows. As for how? Use your head.'

"Use my head." Karin copies aloud while looking at the Hollow, "Arrows. Restrict its movements hunh?" Thinks for a second before her eyes brighten and she shouts, "I know what to do!" Karin points her blade straight up, "Singe, Shionnei!" 

Flaming arrows surround the creature, circling too fast for it to stop or destroy them.

"Faster Shionnei!" Karin shouts, throwing all of her power into it, increasing her spiritual energy to the max.

The arrows spin and circle faster than the eye can see, shooting beams of flame straight down, imprisoning's the hollow in its place.

Though it was imprisoned, it could still use its arms and legs, and that wouldn't work for what Karin needed to do. She needed it completely immobile.

Seven.

That's how many souls of their enemies it took to make this thing. Seven were trapped inside, locked away, and Karin and Shionnei were the key to saving them. To finally free them from all the torment and pain they've had to go through, she was going to save them all, even Resilla and Shikone.

They had a right to want revenge on the Soul Reapers, but what they were doing_what Shikone was doing_didn't only involve the Soul Reapers, but also her people, as well as the innocent people of Earth, and the innocent souls of the once living. Shikone was driven so far with revenge that she didn't see, didn't even consider the consequences of her actions. She didn't see the lives that she was hurting by carrying out her revenge. She didn't see the monster she was becoming.

Chains of fire suddenly burst from the arrows, entrapping the hollow's head, arms, and legs.

Karin didn't just have something to prove to Ichigo and the others, she had to save these souls, and by doing so, she would show them that wasn't just some naieve little girl too big for her britches. She was strong and she worked hard to be as strong and powerful as she was, otherwise she'd be dead by now.

The others watched Karin in amazement, surprised with how much control and skill she had with her Zanpakto. She had only been a Soul Reaper for nine months, but it was obvious that she had a deep connection, and strong bond with Shionnei.