Chapter 7, They Want Revenge

Karin sat on the sandy dirt ground, breathing even, mind calm, and body relaxed; she had to do this for all their sakes.

"Let it come to you Karin, don't try, just feel and react, expand your empathic radius and release your spiritual pressure, let it all flow together." Yoruichi tells her, voice light.

Karin breathes in deeply before letting it out slowly, feeling the air around her shift as releases her immense spiritual energy.

"Rise Resilla," she vaguely hears, tuning into that wavelength.

Maybe this time instead of watching them, she could get inside their heads, find out what was really going on.

Sighing, she concentrates hard on the red head Resilla, slowly matching her spirit energy with hers.

Black.

That's all she sees at first, but after a moment, an image begins to appear. A little red headed girl with tattered clothes lay in the almost gray sand, eyes barely open.

Karin could feel everything she felt, and the little girl was in a lot of pain.

She was dying.

"Keep it moving!" She heard a gruff voice shout, turning just in time to see a tall man in a black kimono with a Zanpakto at his side push a young blue haired girl. This man was Soul Reaper.

"But she's hurt! You can't just leave her here to die!" The young girl screeches, and suddenly Karin feel more than just the red heads emotions, she feel the blue haired girl's as well.

"You're all going to die eventually." The Soul Reaper laughs.

Blue hair glares at him before running up to the dying girl, and it's then that Karin realizes that a group of young kids followed behind the Soul Reaper, their eyes vacant. They were broken, they had given up hope. It was like a stabbing pain right through Karin's heart, and it made her feel completely and utterly alone.

"Get back in line Monster!"

Blue hair ignores him, holding her hands over the little girl as a blue light shoots from her fingertips.

'No way?' Karin thought wide eyed, she could feel the girl's desperation to save the little kid.

The little girl's pain suddenly goes away and she closes her eyes as her body glows.

The blue haired girl kisses her head, and the little red head opens her eyes and sits up slowly.

And while all this was going on, the soul reaper had ran to them, sword drawn and prepared to kill.

Karin did not understand the reason why she was seeing any of this, but even so she watched.

Watched as blue hair shot up, a shield like barrier forming around them, immediately stopping the Soul Reaper as he is blasted back. The girl turns around, her gaze a fiery rage, ready to consume all in its path. "we are not your slaves! Your Captain may have created us, but we still have free will and a mind of our own! We may be monsters, but just remember, it was your kind that made us, you were the monster's first!" She shouts, and just by looking at the Soul reaper, his face goes blue before his body darkens and grays, turning into ash before them. Karin could feel the girl's power radiating off of her in waves, and now she understood. She understood everything.

By trying to connect with Resilla, she ended up connecting to the blue haired girl instead.

Karin felt sick, she was disgusted; the Soul Society made them, but when they weren't to their liking, they cast them out like trash, like they were nothing! So they rebelled.

What she was seeing was a memory, a memory that made her understand everything. And when her view faded to black for moment before returning to the present she saw the two girls standing in front of an incomplete portal like black hole. 

This did not surprise her at all though.

Karin, looking at them now, saw them in a new light.

They were angry.

They wanted revenge.

And they had a right to be angry, to want revenge for the wrongs done to them, but revenge only got you so far, it was a form a hate that Karin could never condone.

Karin had been inside their leaders head, she knew what she was capable of, what she could do. She had the ability to drain the energy from everyone, and everything around her. A dangerous power that could so easily be corrupted in the wrong hands.

That was why her powers had been sealed, that was why they cast her out. They were afraid of her. Afraid that they wouldn't be able to control her like the others. The Soul reapers had wanted to create a weapon, but in doing so they had created a monster instead.

That's why blue hair was stronger, she was the last experiment, the soul reapers wanted to break them, to make them obedient, they never expected them to fight back. They turned good souls into damaged hearts hell bent on revenge. The soul reapers were the monsters here, not them, no they were the victims in all this.

Pain does more than just damage, it changes a person forever, shape who they choose to become.

But Karin didn't really believe that they were monsters, just damaged. They had been pushed down, hurt, and forgotten. They wanted to be free, to change their fate.

"It's almost ready master, soon you will be free." Resilla says.

Blue hair shakes her head, "no, We will be free, all of us."

Karin needed a name for blue hair, so she searched the girl's thoughts for one.

Shikon.

That was the girl's name.

Shikon suddenly began clutching her head in pain and Karin's eyes widen.

"Master?" Resilla asks, "what is wrong?"

Karin backs off immediately and stiffens.

"Master?"

"Someone was inside my head." She frowns.

'Shit!' Karin thought.

"What? Who?"

Shikon shakes her head, I do not know, but I didn't sense an evil presence."

'Get out of there now!' Shionnei screams in her mind.

"I'm on it!" Karin quickly replies as the vison of the two girls fades out, and it's all black for minute before she opens her eyes.

She felt several spiritual pressures at once, and she knew everyone was here, that they were all upstairs waiting for answers.

"Well?" Yoruichi questions with raised eyebrows, awaiting Karin's response.

Karin stands up, eyes burning bright, "now we have answers." 

Authors Note:

I really did mean to update earlier, but life and such. Anyway, here it is, and next chapteris going to be good.

Thanks for reading.