Prologue

The night sky was awash in colors of bright lights as Karin stares out of her window.

She sighs.

'Help Me!' She heard in her mind, even though the voice was frantic and scared, it came to her and passed through her head like a whisper.

'Ichigo is there, you don't need to worry about stepping in.'

She runs her hand through her hair, "I know." She replies aloud, glancing over at a sleeping Yuzu. "But there's something other than a Hollow out there tonight."

'Indeed,' Shionnei agrees, 'but it is also being handled. You must sense his presence, yes?'

Karin nods, "Yes."

It had been a year almost since she had last seen Toshiro, and a lot had changed in a year; she was no longer the same Karin he used to know.

After all, she had a Zanpakto now, and like Ichigo, was now a Soul Reaper. She had kept it a secret form Ichigo, but times were changing. They were coming. She didn't know what or who they were, but she could hear them and see them in her mind.

Her empathic abilities were growing just as Kisuke said they would.

Whatever was coming it was dangerous and her skills would soon be needed, she couldn't remain a secret for much longer.

And the fact remained that she wasn't a normal Soul Reaper either; She didn't have to be in her Soul Reaper form to use Shionnei.

She looked at her arm where a red ribbon wrapped around it, only those with high spirit energy could see it. She had told Ichigo that she liked the way it looked when he had asked about it.

'You should get some sleep." Shionnei suggests; Karin looks out at the twinkling stars and sighs. 'you are upset.'

"Sort of."

'Was it something I said?'

"No," she shakes her head, "I was just overthinking things."

Karin looks over at a sleeping Yuzu, the covers pulled up to her neck as her breaths came out deep and even, unaware that her twin is still awake.

"Their auras are like bright beams shooting up into the sky."

'Is that all?'

"No. The voices are getting louder," Karin adds.

'Perhaps you should try meditating as Kisuke said to do.'

"Yoruichi makes me do that enough during training, so no."

'But t helps, yes?'

Karin remains silent.

She lays down on her bed, pulling the covers over her head, "I'm going to sleep now."

Author's Note:

I do not own any of the Bleach characters or names, forget to add this, so I am adding it now.