Chapter 22- Backfired

Jade's POV

"Hello? What's the Ultimate Act of Matureness?" I asked with an irritated expression as these four idiots grinned at each other.

Arizona nudged Demi while smiling nervously, knowing that I wasn't going to approve. So Demi cleared her throat before speaking:

"Okay, so we set the park on fire and-"

"NO WAY!" I stood up immediately, are they crazy? "This is pathetic. Why on earth would you set our public park on fire?!"

They all stared at me sheepishly. As if it just now sounded ridiculous.

"You didn't let us finish." Ella spoke up.

"What could you possibly say that would make the first part sound any better?" I sighed.

"If you would quit treating us like mental hospital patients and freaking hear us out then maybe we could get on with this conversation." Mariah glared at me. I returned the glare, she's always been the one with a smart mouth.

"Whatever. Just go on." I sat down again with a frown.

"Well, after the park sets on fire, we put out the raging fire and bam, we're heroes." Demi finished.

"But we still set a perfectly fine park on fire. How could we even put it out? This is dangerous and stupid." I stated as an idea popped into my head.

"If you really wanted a plan like this to work, you'd be better off staging a kidnaping. Like, have one of us dress up like a creepy man and pretend to steal a little girl but have the rest of us save her. I swear, you guys can't think of a smart idea to save your life." I rolled my eyes, but when I looked up at them, they were all devilishly grinning at me.

"What did I just say..." I drifted off.

"And that was our real plan." Arizona beamed. "We knew our idea was a joke, and if we told you, you'd come up with something to top it like you always do."

"And sure enough, you did. Thanks for the idea, none of us could think of anything." Mariah smiled at me, but I just sat there.

"You dirty little fags played me-"

"Don't mention it. Because how we have a full proof plan to get our butts back in L.A for the summer, all thanks to you." Ella stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"I call being the rapist!" Demi shot her hand up.

"Whatever, you won't get the credit of saving a child like the rest of us." Mariah laughed.

"Are you guys sure this is a great idea? I was just thinking out loud." I asked nervously.

"Of course, how can anyone say no to us being mature after saving a child?" Arizona smiled.

"But we have to promise something," Ella walked back in, placing her hand on the table.

"We're all in this now, no ones backing out. We all take full responsibility for everything. For L.A, and our friends, alright?" She looked at us.

"Alright." Arizona placed her hand on top of Ella's. "We can do this."

"Alright." Mariah confidently threw her hand on theirs.

"Alright." Demi placed hers, then they all looked at me anxiously.

I've got myself too far into this to back out. After all, they are my best friends- no matter what.

With a small smile, I placed my hand on the top. "Alright."

**

Ella's POV