Chapter 24: The Human-Spirit Wolf Child

Narrator's POV

Nine months had passed, and it's almost Kagome's due date. Her tummy is big and heavy. Haise, Aoi, and Kenta always keep an eye on Kagome because Kagome's pregnancy is sensitive, so they need to stay by her side at all times.

If there are reports of possessed spirits, Haise will perform an exorcism. Only him because Kagome is pregnant and cannot perform with him. Haise is fine doing it without Kagome.

Some of the spirits would give a gift to them, and those gifts are baby stuff.

Haise and Kagome don't know what the gender of their child is because they want to know when Kagome gave birth. They didn't decide on the names yet.

They already decorated the child's room.

Kagome's POV

My tummy is now nine months, which means it's almost my due date. My tummy is heavy, so I can't stand and walk on my own. Aoi, Kenta, and Haise would help me. The three of them are always there to keep an eye on me because my pregnancy is sensitive.

I am now in my room, while Aoi, Kenta, and Haise are outside. Suddenly, my tummy hurts so much, and my water broke.

"Haise!" I shouted.

"What's wrong, Kagome?"

"I'm going to give birth,"

"Let's go to the spirit doctor's place,"

Haise accompanied me. He called Aoi and Kenta to come along with us. We hurriedly went outside, and Haise called the floating palanquin to take us to the spirit doctor's place.

"Ah, it hurts,"

"Please hurry,"

Haise's POV

I was outside when Kagome shouted my name. I hurriedly went to our room because my instincts tell me that it is an emergency.

When I got to our room, Kagome is in pain. I panicked when she said that she is going to give birth, but I calmed myself and accompanied. I also called Aoi and Kenta to come along.

When we arrive at the spirit doctor's place, a spirit nurse accompanied Kagome.

"Come with me because she will need you by her side,"

"Ok"

"Please breathe in and out, ok? You need to push harder," the spirit nurse said.

"Ok," Kagome said.

Suddenly the spirit doctor entered the room.

"Please push,"

"Ah!Hoo"

"Keep pushing,"

I can see the pain in Kagome's face. Kagome holds my hand tightly. I know it pains her, and it's hard for her, but I will be right by her side.

"I can see the head. Keep pushing"

"Ah!"

"One more time,"

"Ah!"

"Good, it's a boy,"

"Hoo"

"You did great, Kagome," I said and kissed Kagome's forehead.

After giving birth, Kagome fell asleep. I know that she is tired.

Narrator's POV

When Kagome woke up, she saw Haise, Aoi, and Kenta waiting for her to wake up.

"You're awake, Kagome,"

Suddenly, the spirit nurse entered and is carrying the child covered with a blue blanket.

"Here is your handsome child,"

The spirit nurse gave the child to Kagome.

"Thank you, Kagome,"

"He is so cute," Aoi said.

"I agree," Kenta said.

"What would you name the child?"

"We will name it, Kenzo. Is it ok, Haise?"

"That's a nice name. I like it"

"Ok, Kenzo is the name of the child. I will leave you here. Congratulations on giving birth to a half-human and half spirit wolf child,"

"Thank you,"

Kagome stayed at the spirit doctor's place for three days, and now she is discharged. When they are about to leave, the spirit doctor gave them a gift for their child and congratulated them. They thanked the spirit doctor and said goodbye.

They are heading back to the shrine.

Kagome and Haise are now parents. A new member of the family is added.