Chapter 11: Shrine Festival

Narrator's POV

Today is the festival. In the past two days, Kagome, Haise, and Aoi put decorations on the shrine, and Kagome practiced the kagura dance in her room.

"We are all set and ready for the festival later. The spirits who will play the instruments are ready, and the spirits who will sell foods are making their stalls outside the shrine," Haise said.

"That's great. I can't wait," Kagome said.

"Me too,"

They doubled check the decorations and the things for tonight.

"Tonight will be a blast. My instincts tell me that the festival will be successful,"

"Yes!"

Haise's POV

We are set and ready for the festival. Kagome and Aoi are excited.

"I will go to the restaurant. Be back later,"

"Ok"

I went to my restaurant. When I arrive at the restaurant, I enter, and I find lots of spirits eating. As you can see, my restaurant is famous in this area.

"Good day, boss Haise. What brings you here?"

"Just checking the place and I would like to invite you all later at the shrine,"

"The restaurant is packed with spirits again, boss Haise. It's the shrine festival today,"

"Be there, ok?"

"Ok, we will be there,"

"Also, you can close early today. Maybe 3 in the afternoon, for you to get ready for the festival,"

"Yehey! Thank you, boss Haise. You're the best,"

"No problem. I will take my leave now. Keep up the good work guys,"

"Ok. Have a good day boss,"

I left the restaurant. When I was heading back to the shrine, I saw a spirit selling hair clips. I went closer to see what kind of design she is selling. My eyes were glued to the sakura hair clip. It matches Kagome's kimono.

"Excuse me. I will buy that sakura hair clip,"

"Good choice. Is this for your lover?"

"No, but for someone special for me,"

I paid for the hair clip and head back to the shrine.

Fast forward, and it's already night time. The festival will start in a few minutes.

I am already dressed in traditional clothing. I went to Kagome's room. I knocked on the door, and Aoi opened it. They are done wearing their kimonos.

"I will go and check outside," Aoi said.

"Ok"

I entered Kagome's room.

"I have something for you, Kagome,"

"What is it, Haise?"

"Give me your hand. Here"

I gave her the sakura hair clip.

"Wow, it's beautiful. It matches the kimono,"

"That's why I bought it. It is a gift for you,"

"Thank you, Haise,"

"Can I do your hair?"

"Sure"

I do Kagome's hair and use the sakura hair clip.

"All done. You look beautiful,"

"Thank you,"

After that, we went outside.

"Wow. There are lots of spirits everywhere,"

"It's like this every year,"

"Kagome, it's time for your kagura dance," Aoi said.

"Ok"

"I will be there, watching you,"

"Ok"

The drum plays, and Kagome danced the kagura dance. She danced gracefully. My heart suddenly beats too fast.

I have come to my senses that I do like Kagome. I promised myself not to fall in love again, but I am feeling this feeling now. Maybe I will try to love Kagome and leave the past behind. I will break my promise. It's not wrong to break it, right? Love consists of happiness and pain, after all.

Kagome's POV

I am so happy because there are lots of spirits who came to the festival. The shrine is full of joy.

Haise gave me a gift, and it is a sakura hair clip. It matches the kimono. Haise does my hair using the sakura hair clip. When he says that I looked beautiful, I suddenly blushed.

I am now dancing the kagura dance. When I finished dancing, lots of spirits clapped their hands and complimented me. I thanked them for that.

Haise, Aoi, and I enjoyed the festival. We bought lots of food, and we roamed around.

When the festival is over, the spirits slowly left the shrine. We thanked them for coming.

I am now sitting outside the shrine, watching the night sky.

"Did you had fun today?"

"Super. Where is Aoi?"

"She is sleeping already. Here, have some tea,"

"Thank you. How was my dance?"

"It was beautiful. You dance gracefully,"

"Thank you,"

There's silence, and I like it.

Haise and I just watch the night sky while drinking tea.