Chapter 19: Trip To Memory Lane

Haise's POV

When I woke up, my head hurts a bit. Maybe I drank a lot of alcohol yesterday. I got up and searched for Kagome, but she is not here. Suddenly, the door opens, revealing Kagome holding a tray of food.

"Haise, you're awake. Good morning"

"Good morning too, Kagome,"

"Is your head aching?"

"A bit,"

"You drank a lot yesterday,"

"Yeah. I was having fun talking with Mizuki,"

"I like it when you get drunk, Haise,"

"Why? Did I say something weird?"

"Nope. You so sweet when you get drunk. Anyway, let's eat and get ready to go back to the shrine,"

"Ok"

Kagome and I ate breakfast. I don't remember what I said to Kagome yesterday.

When we are done eating breakfast, we got ready to go back to the shrine.

Narrator's POV

When Haise and Kagome are done getting ready, they went outside and thank the maid. Haise also told the maid to tell Mizuki that they already left. They can't say it directly to Mizuki and Mina because they will disturb them, and they know that they are still sleeping.

Haise called the floating palanquin, they hop on, and head back to the shrine.

Back at the shrine, Aoi and Kenta are waiting for Haise and Kagome's return. After a few minutes, a floating palanquin is approaching the shrine.

"Kenta, Haise, and Kagome has returned"

"Yehey!"

Aoi and Kenta approached the floating palanquin, and Haise and Kagome got off.

"Welcome back,"

"Glad to be back,"

"Lady Kagome!" Kenta said and hugged Kagome.

"Do you miss us? Come, let's go inside. I will bake cheese bread,"

"Yehey!"

They went inside, and Kagome baked cheese bread. After baking, they happily ate in the dining area.

"Is your head still aching, Haise?"

"Nope. The aching is gone"

"That's good,"

Fast forward, and it's already afternoon. A spirit came to the shrine.

"Haise and Lady Kagome?"

"What is it? A possessed spirit?"

"Yes"

"Ok. Wait for a minute,"

Kagome and Haise grab their things and their weapons, and they are ready to go.

"Show us the way,"

"Ok. Follow me"

The spirit showed where the possessed spirit is. After that, Kagome and Haise performed an exorcism. After performing an exorcism, the spirits gave them food and money.

When they came back to the shrine, Kagome helped Aoi with the chores, Kenta is outside sweeping the grass, and Haise said to roam around the shrine.

Kagome's POV

Haise and I are back at the shrine, and I am now helping Aoi with the chores. Kenta is cleaning outside, and Haise said to roam around the shrine.

After cleaning, I went outside and roam around. Where could Haise be? I searched for Haise, and I found him up the tree sitting on the branch.

"Haise," I called him and climb the tree.

"Be careful, Kagome,"

"Don't worry. I'm good at climbing trees,"

I climbed the tree and sat beside Haise.

"What are you doing up here?"

"Just sightseeing,"

"Ok. Haise, may I ask how old are you?"

"A hundred years old,"

"Wow. So spirits live a long life. You're a hundred years old, but your face looks like 20 years old"

"Thank you for the compliment. We spirits live a long life and humans too if they live here in the spirit world. How about you, how old are you?"

"I'm 25 years old. Mina told me about humans living here in the spirit world,"

"I forgot to tell that to you,"

"It's ok. I'm happy that Mina told me about it because I can be with you, Aoi, and Kenta for a long time,"

"I'm happy too. I have a question, Kagome. If you have a chance to go back to the human world, would you go back?"

"Uhm. I would probably stay here because even though I've been here for almost a year, I can say that I belong here. The human world is also a nice place, but I have no freedom there because ever since I was a child, the one that took care of me is priest and priestess, and they taught me how to be like them. There's a rule, and that rule is not to go outside. You can only go out when you become a priest or a priestess. I became a priestess at age 23. For 23 years, I have no freedom. I was an orphan, and I don't know my real parents. I'm glad that I was teleported here because I have the freedom to do what I want. I met you, Aoi, and Kenta. Here in the spirit world, I can call it my home and you three are my family,"

"I'm glad that you said your life in the human world. If you would choose to go back to the human world, I would be sad. I'm happy because you teleported here and came to my life, Kagome. You made me realize things and all. I thank you for that. Back then, when Nanami passed away, I felt alone and devastated, but Aoi was there to comfort me. Now, the atmosphere is joyful because of you, Aoi, and Kenta,"

"I'm also thankful that you saved me from danger, agreed to become your companion and be my lover. To sum that all, I'm thankful that I met you, Haise,"

It's a trip to memory lane.

I lean on Haise's shoulder, and Haise wrapped his arm o my shoulder. We just stayed like that up the tree and watch the surroundings.