Chapter 4: Gratitude

Kagome's POV

I was busy cleaning my room when Aoi entered, and she is carrying something.

"Kagome, kimono for you"

"Did Haise bought this again?"

"Yes"

"It has a beautiful design,"

"Haise has a great taste for kimonos,"

"Where is he now?"

"He has an errand to do,"

"Ok"

"I will be outside,"

"Ok"

This is the 3rd time that Haise bought me a kimono. He is so kind to me. I feel like a burden to him.

I had an idea. It is all I can think of repaying Haise for his kindness. I am good at baking, so I want to bake something for him. What would I bake? I need to ask Aoi what's the favorite pastry that Haise likes. I went outside and asked Aoi.

"Aoi?"

"Yes, Kagome?"

"I want to bake something to Haise, but I don't know what pastry he likes,"

"Ah, Haise likes cheese bread,"

"Oh, ok. Simple. I can bake it. Can I borrow the kitchen for a while?"

"Sure. There are ingredients at the cabinets,"

"Ok. Thank you, Aoi,"

"No problem,"

I put out all the ingredients and start mixing all the ingredients. After mixing, I formed it with my hands and baked it. I hope Haise likes my cheese bread.

Haise's POV

I am going back to the shrine. I bought a kimono to Kagome, and it has a beautiful design. I bought her kimonos because she has limited clothes to wear.

Kimono suits Kagome the most. She must wear kimonos because she is a priestess.

When I arrive at the shrine, I smell something delicious. I quickly went inside, and I saw Kagome in the kitchen. I approached her.

"What are you doing, Kagome?"

"Haise. Welcome home. I am baking something,"

I wonder what it is.

"What is it?"

"Secret. Just sit down and wait at the dining area, ok?"

"Ok"

I went to the dining area and wait for Kagome. After a few minutes, Kagome is done baking.

"I'm done baking,"

"Can you now introduce what you baked?"

"Yes. I baked your favorite cheese bread,"

"How did you know?"

"I asked Aoi, of course,"

"Why didn't I think of that?"

"Taste it?"

I taste it, and it's delicious.

"It's delicious,"

"That's good to hear. I'm happy,"

I saw happiness in Kagome's face.

"Let's eat,"

"Ok. I will call Aoi,"

"Ok"

Kagome called Aoi that is outside. Aoi rushed inside, and she tastes the cheese bread, and she said that it's delicious.

Kagome said that she wanted to thank me because she feels like a burden to me. She wanted to repay me with something, and she thought of baking something because she is good at baking.

If you would ask me, Kagome doesn't need to repay me. She is new to this world, so I need to take care of and protect her.

"Thank you, Kagome,"

"No need to thank me because I'm the one who should say that because you are kind to me,"

"Ok, ok. I don't want to argue with that,"

Narrator's POV

The three of them ate happily and talked about random topics while eating.

Kagome is happy that Haise likes the cheese bread that she baked.