Chapter 20: Proposal

Haise's POV

One month had passed, and in the past month, our routine in life is still the same.

I've been thinking about this for weeks, and now, I am sure about this. I'm planning to propose to Kagome. I want to settle down with her.

I told them that I would go out for a while. I visit my restaurant to monitor what is going on. I inspect my restaurant every day. After monitoring, I went to a jewelry store to buy an engagement ring.

"May I help you?"

"Ah, yes. I'm looking for a simple engagement ring,"

"Oh. I have the perfect engagement ring, and it just arrived today. Wait here"

"Ok"

I waited for a minute, and the sales lady came out carrying a small box. She opened the box, and the ring is beautiful.

"It's a simple yet elegant ring. Do you want to purchase it?"

"Yes please,"

I bought the ring. After purchasing the engagement ring, I head back to the shrine.

I can't wait to propose to Kagome tonight. I'm excited and nervous, and I do hope that Kagome would accept my proposal.

When I got back to the shrine, I saw Kagome, Aoi, and Kenta outside.

"I'm back,"

"Where di you go? It's been an hour and a half that you left?"

"Just ran some errands,"

"Ok"

"Let's go to the sakura garden tonight,"

"Ok!"

I am planning to propose to Kagome in the sakura garden because it would be romantic.

That afternoon, I was outside the shrine, and I get the ring outside the box and observe it.

"What do you have there, Haise?"

"Oh, it's just you, Aoi,"

"Let me guess. Are you proposing to Kagome at the sakura garden tonight?"

"Yup. You guessed it right, Aoi,"

"I'm good at guessing. Good luck tonight, Haise. I know Kagome will accept your proposal,"

"I hope so,"

Fast forward, and it's already night time.

"Let's go. Are you all ready?"

"Super ready,"

We went to the sakura garden. When we arrive, there are lots of sakura trees in full bloom. There are also a few spirits in the sakura garden.

"Wow, this place is amazing,"

"Yup. The sakura trees are all in full bloom,"

I transform into my wolf form to carry Kagome and fly above the sakura trees. The view from up above is more beautiful.

"Hop on, Kagome"

"Wow. You're so big, Haise and your fur is so fluffy,"

"Thank you. Hold tight ok?"

"Ok"

We are now above the sakura trees.

"Wow, the view here is amazing,"

"I know,"

After that, I land, and Kagome hops off my back. And I transform back into my spirit form.

"That was awesome. It's my first time that you carry me in your wolf form, Haise,"

"Are you not scared of my wolf form?"

"Why would I? I told you that I'm not scared of anything,"

"Right"

It is my time to propose to Kagome. Relax Haise. You can do this.

Aoi's POV

Kenta and I are enjoying watching the sakura trees, when I saw Haise up in the sky, transformed to his wolf form with Kagome riding his back. After a few minutes, Haise landed, and Kagome hops off his back. Is Haise going to propose to Kagome already? I got to witness it.

"Kenta. Come with me. Let's hide at the sakura tree,"

"But why?"

"Haise is going to propose to Kagome, and I want to witness it. I've been waiting for this day to come"

"Propose? Like, be future husband and wife?"

"Yup. Wow, Kenta. You've matured because you know about that,"

"I read books, you know,"

"That's good that you learn by just reading. Now, let's hide and watch,"

Kagome's POV

The sakura trees are amazing. There are lots of sakura trees, and it's all in full bloom.

I was shocked when Haise transformed into his wolf form and told me to hop on his back. I hop on, and when I touch his fur, it's so fluffy. Haise fly me above the sakura trees, and the view from up here is so awesome, not to mention the beautiful night sky. Haise flies for a few minutes, then he lands, and I hop off his back.

We watched the sakura, and there's a strong wind resulting in the petals of the sakura to fall. It's amazing because it's raining sakura petals.

"Uhm, Kagome. I have something to say"

"What is it, Haise?"

"I know that we've been lovers for seven months now, but I want to settle down with you, Kagome. I've been thinking about this for weeks, and now, I'm ready to say this to you,"

I was shocked because Haise pulls out a small box. Is he proposing to me now? He opened the box, and a simple yet elegant ring is inside.

"I know that it's too early for this, but. Will you marry me, Kagome? I want to be with you for the rest of my life,'

I am so happy right now. I've been waiting for this.

"Yes, Haise. I will marry you. I also want to be with you for the rest of my life,"

"Yes!"

Haise put the ring to my ring finger and kissed me passionately.

"Yehey! Congratulations," Aoi and Kenta said and ran towards us.

"We've witnessed it all," Kenta said.

"You did?"

"Yup. We are hiding at the sakura tree,"

"At last, my wish has finally come true. I've been waiting for this day to come"

"Aoi knows that I will propose to you today because she saw me observing the ring this afternoon,"

"Yup. Not just that. I also witnessed your love story,"

I'm so happy today because I am going to marry Haise. The ring is a perfect fit for my finger. Haise said that he bought the ring today. So that means when he said that he is running an errand, he purchased the ring. Haise is so sweet and romantic.

After that, we head back to the shrine. We are like a happy family.