Chapter 12: Holiday

Haise's POV

One week has passed, and there's no report of possessed spirits.

Tomorrow is a holiday. Tomorrow's holiday would be, spirits would go to the temple to relax and freshen up their minds, and some would go back to their hometowns. It's a two days holiday.

I am now on my way to the temple to book for a room. You should book in advance because that is one of the rules. Thank God because there are lots of rooms left. I book three rooms. One room for me, Kagome, and Aoi.

After I went to the temple, I went to my restaurant. When I arrive, they greeted me, and I announced that the restaurant would close for two days due to the holiday. I want them to enjoy the holiday with their families. After telling it to them, I left the restaurant and head back to the shrine.

If you are asking about my feelings for Kagome? I love her already. Kagome is easy to love because she is caring, kind, sweet, and understanding.

I know that it's been a month that I knew Kagome, but love came, and I can't ignore it. When we talk about love, it does not matter how long you know the person. Love sure is unexpected. It will happen when you least expect it.

I realized that I need a Kagome in my life. I always thought that Nanami is the only one who can give me that feeling. I was wrong because I stop believing in love when Nanami died. Now, that Kagome came into my life, she showed me that it is possible to love again. I thanked Kagome that she was teleported here in this world, and I met her. I believe that faith brought us together. I promise to protect and love her.

When I got back to the shrine, I saw Kagome playing with the little spirits. I saw her give them bread. She said that she loves little spirits because they are adorable. In the human world, she would play with the children.

I ran towards them.

"Are you having lots of fun?"

"Yes. Lady Kagome played with us and gave us bread,"

"That's good,"

"Is she your lover?"

Kagome and I looked at each other and looked away shyly.

"No, we are not,"

"You look good together,"

"Thank you,"

"We are going home now. Thank you, Lady Kagome. We will be back here again,"

"Ok. I will give some bread again,"

The little spirits ran and left the shrine.

"Let's go inside, Haise. I baked your favorite,"

"Ok. I'm starving,"

We went inside, and Aoi is in the kitchen eating.

Kagome's POV

One week had passed, and I'm happy because there are no reports of possessed spirits.

Haise said that he would go outside for a bit. I baked lots of cheese bread. After baking, I heard little spirits playing outside. I went outside and played with them. Then, I gave them cheese bread because I baked lots of it.

While I was playing with the little spirits, Haise arrived. I was shocked because the little spirits asked if we are lovers. Haise and I looked at each other and looked away. My face is heating up.

When the little spirit said their goodbye, Haise and I went inside and ate the cheese bread, including Aoi.

"Tomorrow is a holiday. Are we going to the temple?"

"Yup"

"Holiday?"

"Yes, and it is tomorrow. The holiday tomorrow is, spirits would go to the temples and would go back to their hometowns. I already booked us a room at the temple earlier,"

"Wow, it's like a retreat. In the human world, every once a year, we would go to the temple to relax our mind and soul,"

"Yes, it's like that. It is a two days holiday, so we will stay at the temple for two days,"

"Wow. I'm so excited,"

"Me too. I always look forward to these holidays," Aoi said.

"We will leave tomorrow morning,"

"Ok"

After talking about the holiday, we continue eating our snack.

I'm so excited for tomorrow. I love going to the temples. It's a healing place like the shrine, and you will be blessed with good luck.