Chapter 2: Save By The Wolf Spirit

Haise's POV

I am at the shrine when I sense danger. I quickly went to where it is. When I arrived at the place, I saw a possessed spirit and a human girl. I perform a chant to cleanse the possessed spirit. When the spirit is cleansed, the spirit is back to normal and thanked me. I told him to be strong and always have faith. He ran away after.

I tilt my head to see the girl, and she is unconscious. I went to her and observed her. She is wearing a kimono, and she got wounds on her head and feet.

I remembered someone.

I carried the girl and brought her to the shrine, which is also my house. When I arrive home, my assistant approached me.

"Where did you go, Haise?"

"I saved this girl from danger,"

"She is human,"

"Yes. I bet she got teleported here. Can you change her clothes? I will go and get the first aid kit because she got wounds,"

"Ok, Haise"

I went to find the first aid kit. When I found it, I went back, and my assistant named Aoi is done changing her.

"I'm done changing her, Haise,"

"Thank you, Aoi,"

"I will make food and tea for her,"

"Ok"

I waited for her to wake up and treat her wounds.

Kagome's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. Where am I?

"You are awake,"

I immediately got up. I checked my kimono, and it's changed.

"Who changed my kimono?"

"Relax. My assistant, Aoi changed your kimono,"

"Ok"

"Let me treat your wounds,"

He opened the first aid kit and treated my wounds. I am observing him.

"Thank you for saving me earlier. If you didn't come, I would be dead,"

"No problem. Are you not afraid of me?"

"Nope, but I was shocked when I saw you transformed into a big white wolf, and that's why I fell unconscious. What are you exactly? Where am I?"

"I am a wolf spirit. This place is called the spirit world. We are animal spirits and has power. We came in human form and transform if needed. My name is Haise Ayato,"

"Ok. That's why when I woke up, I thought that I'm in a different world,"

"You are teleported here,"

"That's what I thought. Ah, my name is Kagome Yuri, and I'm a priestess,"

"You are a priestess? That's why you are wearing a traditional kimono,"

"Yup"

Haise is done treating my wounds. I told him the story before I was teleported here. He listened to me. Haise also told me about the possessed spirit that attacked me earlier. He also told me that there are also humans here, and just like me, they are also teleported here. They are safe here because spirits are good creatures. Haise also said that a spirit can be possessed if it is weak and has no faith, and exorcism is needed. I told him if there are demons that exist here, but he said that none of them exist here, just a dark entity that possesses a spirit.

Haise told me that his house that I'm in is a shrine, and I am more than happy to hear it. Haise said that he is also like me, an exorcist. I thought of being his companion, and I would live here because I have no place to stay. At first, he didn't approve, but I begged him, and he gave up. I thank him for his hospitality. I also said that I would help with the chores, and he agreed.

"Can I touch your ears?"

"Sure"

I touched his ears, and it's so fluffy.

"I can't believe that you exist. I always wanted to see an animal spirit when I was a child,"

"I'm glad that you are not afraid,"

"Why would I? You said that you are good creatures and you saved me,"

"Ok. Here, food and tea. Eat up and rest,"

"Thank you,"

Haise left the room.

I ate the food because I'm starving. The food is delicious. After eating, I drink the tea, and it's refreshing.

When I'm done eating, my stomach is full. It's already night. I opened the window and watch the beautiful night sky.

Little by little, I think I will get used to this place. Living with spirits. I'm liking this place already because I can say that I'm free to do what I want. Back in the human world, I have no freedom to go out because it's in the rules. I studied to become a priestess all my life. It's not that I like to be a priestess, but I was an orphan, and my parents left me at the shrine. The elders told me about it. They feed, teach me about having faith, and took care of me. I like being a priestess, but what I don't like is to have no freedom.

After watching the night sky, I went to sleep.