Chapter 23: Morning Sickness

Kagome's POV

It's been three weeks since our wedding. If you would ask me what happened during our first night as a married couple? Haise and I did it.

When we came back to the shrine, lots of gifts are at the door. The spirits gave us gifts because they heard that Haise and I are getting married that day.

Right now, I just woke up from my sleep, and Haise is beside me and still sleeping. I kissed him on the lips, and he slowly opened his eyes.

After getting married, Haise and I are sleeping on the same bed.

"Good morning, Haise,"

"Good morning too, Kagome,"

"Let's get up and eat breakfast,"

"No. Let's stay like this for a while,"

"Ok"

We hugged each other.

"Ok, that's enough. Let's get up,"

"Ok," Haise said with disappointment.

I got up, but when I got up, my head hurts, and I feel nauseous.

"Ah!"

"What's wrong, Kagome?"

"My head hurts, and I feel nauseous,"

"Just stay here. I will get food and water,"

I felt this last week, but today just got even worse.

After a few minutes, Haise arrived with a tray of food.

"Drink water first,"

I drink water, and we ate breakfast.

"Are you feeling ok now?"

"Yes. My head doesn't hurt,"

"That's a relief,"

After eating breakfast, Haise and I get ready. When we are done getting ready, Aoi entered the room.

"What is it, Aoi?"

"A spirit came and said that there's a possessed spirit,"

"Ok, we will be out for a minute. Kindly tell to wait for a bit,"

"Ok"

"Let's go, Haise,"

"But are you sure you are ok? I have a bad feeling about today,"

"I'm ok, Haise. You don't need to worry too much," I said and kissed Haise's cheeks.

"Ok"

After getting ready, Haise and I went outside, and the spirit is waiting for us. The spirit guided us to where the possessed spirit is located.

When we arrive, Haise and I immediately do our job. After some minutes, we purified the possessed spirit. After doing an exorcism, my head suddenly hurts so much, and my vision became blurry and pitch black.

Haise's POV

It's been three weeks, and life is still happy.

I was worried about Kagome. I had a bad feeling about today, and that's why I don't want Kagome to do an exorcism with me. Besides, I can do it by myself, but she insisted and said not to worry too much.

After doing an exorcism, Kagome suddenly fainted. I panicked and ran towards Kagome. I carried her and thought of going to the spirit doctor to know what's going on with Kagome.

When I arrive at the spirit doctor's place, I knocked and entered.

"What happened to her?"

"She suddenly fainted, and this morning, she had a headache and feel nauseous,"

"Oh. I think I know what's going on with her. I will check her pulse. By checking her pulse, I will know what's going on with her"

"Ok"

The spirit doctor checked Kagome's pulse. After a minute, he is done.

"What is it, doctor?"

"My guess is right. Your wife is pregnant. Congratulations!"

"What?"

"She will wake up soon. I will take my leave,"

I'm not dreaming, right? Kagome is pregnant, and I'm so happy. That's why she is feeling nauseous. It's the sign that she is pregnant. Kagome is carrying my little spirit.

I thought she is sick or something.

I waited for Kagome to wake up. After some minutes, Kagome slowly opened her eyes.

"Where am I?"

"You fainted, so I carried you to the spirit doctor's place. I have good news, Kagome,"

"What is it?"

"You are pregnant, Kagome. That's why you are having a headache and feeling nauseous,"

"Really? I'm pregnant? Oh my, I'm so happy,"

"Me too. We are going to be parents soon. Thank you, Kagome," I kissed Kagome's forehead.

After that, Kagome and I went back to the shrine. When we get back, we told Aoi and Kenta that Kagome is pregnant, and they are so happy.

I will protect and take care of Kagome 24/7, starting today because she is pregnant. I don't want her to be stressed.