Chapter 13: Day 1 of Holiday

Narrator's POV

The next morning, Kagome, Haise, and Aoi woke up early and pack their things to bring at the temple.

Haise is the first to finish getting ready, and he is waiting for Kagome and Aoi. After a few minutes, Aoi and Kagome went outside carrying their things.

"Did you put all your things in your bag? Do you not forget anything?"

"It's all in our bag, Haise,"

"Ok. We are set to go,"

"Let's go!"

Haise locked the shrine, and they head to the temple.

When they arrive at the temple, they were greeted by spirit monks. The three of them bowed for respect.

A spirit monk approached them.

"How many rooms did you book?"

"Three rooms,"

"Ok. Follow me. I will show you your rooms,"

Haise, Kagome, and Aoi followed the spirit monk.

"This is your rooms,"

"Thank you,"

The monks bowed his head and leave them.

Their rooms are just next to each other. They went inside their rooms and unpack their things. After unpacking, they went to their rooms and observe the surroundings.

"Are you two done unpacking?"

"Yes"

"This place is so beautiful and peaceful, like in the shrine,"

"Yup"

"We also have temples in the human world, but not like this,"

Kagome was amazed by the place.

"We still have lots of activities to do today, but first, let's eat breakfast,"

"Ok. I'm starving,"

They ate breakfast. When they are done eating, they went outside. Suddenly, a senior spirit monk approached them.

"Haise and Aoi. Good to see you again,"

"Good to see you, too,"

"Who is she? She is human,"

"Her name is Kagome, and she is a priestess and my partner in doing an exorcism,"

Kagome bowed to the senior spirit monk.

"Oh, so you are a priestess. It's a pleasure meeting you, Kagome. You all enjoy your stay here. I will take my leave,"

The senior spirit monk left.

"Let's go. We have lots of activity to do today,"

All-day, they do lots of activities.

Kagome's POV

When we arrive at the temple, I was amazed because it's so beautiful and peaceful. It's different in the human world. The temple is so big, and the area has lots of trees.

I will tell you what we did all day. First, we purify our bodies using the chozuya. It is a ritual cleansing of the hand's ad mouth. Second, we make an offering. We bowed and tossed a coin into the box, sending thoughts to the gods. Third, we light incense. Before praying, we light an incense. After we light the incense, we say our prayers. I prayed to have good health and life here in the spirit world. Lastly, we make a wish. Like in the shrine, we purchase a wooden plaque and write our wishes and hang it up before leaving.

After doing all of that, I felt good.

Fast forward, and it's already evening. The spirit monks said that there's going to be a dragon dance tonight.

Haise's POV

All-day, we do lots of activities.

Right now, we are going to see the dragon dance.

'Let's go,"

"Ok"

When we arrive where the dragon dance will be held, we arrive on time because the music just started and the dragon dance started.

I looked at Kagome, and I know that she is enjoying watching the dragon dance.

I hold her hand, and I watch the dragon dance. I know that she looked at me with a shock expression. I'm happy because she didn't let go of her hand.

We enjoyed watching the dragon dance.

When the dragon dance is over, we went to our rooms and went to sleep.