Chapter 8: Feelings & Revelations

Kagome's POV

A week has passed, and there are no reports of a possessed spirit.

These past few days, I have these weird feelings whenever I see Haise. Then I realized that I have feelings for him.

I am thinking of confessing to Haise. I shall give it a try. If he would reject my confession, then I will not give up. I will be hurt, but I will not avoid Haise. It's better to think in advance.

It's already afternoon, and when I was roaming around the shrine, I saw Haise sitting on the grass. I went to him and sat beside him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just relaxing,"

There's a long silence between us. I glance at Haise, and he is watching the ice sky. Shall I confess now? I mean, this is a nice ambiance to confess my feelings to him. Ok, I will confess now. Good luck to me.

"Uhm, Haise?"

"Yup? What is it, Kagome?"

"I've been thinking about this, and I need to say this to you,"

"I'm waiting,"

"I have feelings for you, Haise,"

I look at Haise, and he has a sad expression. I know what he would say.

"I'm sorry, Kagome,"

"I know you would say that,"

"I'm so sorry. I promised myself not to fall in love again,"

Haise ran to I don't know where. Again? So he did fall in love. Maybe because he got heartbroken, and promised himself not to fall in love again. If I would be Haise's girlfriend, I will not hurt his feelings. If we have problems, we could talk it out.

I need to know about Haise's love life. Maybe Aoi knows it, so I called Aoi.

"Aoi? Where are you?"

"I'm at the kitchen,"

I went to the kitchen.

"Aoi, I need to talk to you about something,"

"Sure, spill it,"

I said that I confessed to Haise earlier, but he rejected me. After saying that, Aoi felt sad. I said if she knows about his past relationship because he said that he promised himself not to fall in love again.

"You need to know something Kagome and I will tell this to you,"

Aoi told me about Haise's past relationship, and she is a human just like me. She said that, like me, Haise saved the woman from a possessed spirit. As time goes by, they fell in love with each other and became a couple. One day when the woman was roaming by herself when she was attacked by a possessed spirit. Haise was too late to save the woman. Aoi said that after her death, Haise was sad and devastated. It took him a year to be back to his old self again.

"Thank you for telling me about this, Aoi,"

"No problem. You need to know it anyways. I shall leave you here and go back to my work,"

"Ok"

I get it now. That's why Haise promised not to fall in love again. He was heartbroken because his lover died. As I said, I will never give up. I will make Haise's heartbeat again. I will show him that I am here for him, and it's not wrong to fall in love again.

Haise's POV

I was shocked when Kagome confessed to me, but I rejected her confession. I like Kagome, but not in a romantic way. I don't want to fall in love again. I promised myself that because I don't want to be hurt again.

After rejecting her, I ran and roamed around to clear my head. I shall say sorry to Kagome when I get back. I think she is hurt because I rejected her.

I decided to come back to the shrine that night. When I came back, I saw Kagome seating outside watching the night sky. I went to her and probably talk to her about what happened earlier.

"Kagome?"

"Oh, Haise. The sky is beautiful today, isn't it? There are lots of stars,"

I glance at her and watch the night sky also.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier, Kagome. I hurt your feelings,"

"It's ok, Haise because I understand how you feel. Aoi told about your past relationship with a human,"

"Aoi did?"

"Yup. You owe me one, Haise, because you hurt my feelings, a little. I don't want us to be awkward or something, so are we good now?"

"I think I'm the one who will say that,"

After that, we watch the moonlit night sky.

Aoi's POV

I saw everything that happened today, and I'm glad that they made up.

They might not know, but I would always see them together. I can say that Haise and Kagome are good together.

I hope Haise will open his heart to Kagome. I would be super happy if they would end up together. I can't wait for that time to come.

For now, I will just witness their love story.