chapter 28

Meenakshi, you may stay here today, it's already late.

Shekhar told as he completed his dinner and stood up to leave to his room.

No brother, I will leave now.

Please aunty, stay here na..

Shehnaaz requested.

Oh.. Sana, I need to leave. I have some works to complete.

Shehnaaz pouted sadly.

Then, Sidharth..  Can you please drop her back at home.

Sidharth nodded happily and accepted Shekhar's request.

..

Sidharth!! You seems so lost. Aise baitne keliye tune nanu se chupke idhar aane ko bola?

Jaan, tei yeh Meenakshi aunty.. She has no one, other than you guys?

Sidharth was still in his thoughts when he asked it.

No.. She had a son, he died. After that she is leaving alone.

Have you seen his son?

No, yeh tho bahut purani baat hei.

Hmm.. She seemed to be so sad today na. When I dropped her at her home, she caressed my hair and.. There was a sad smile on her face.. I don't know but I felt so sad for her!

Shehnaaz looked at his sad face and kissed on his cheeks.

She must be missing her son. I have tried to ask her about him, but she never said much about him. Actually, she keeps his room clean and tidy everyday. But, never allowed anyone to get in.

Sidharth held her more close to him as they lied on the mat. She kept her head on his chest and played with his fingers.

After a while, Shehnaaz raised her head hearing Sidharth chuckling.

Kya?

Shehnaaz asked.

Jaan, actually na, I thought that you would be mad at me for coming here, without informing you. But, tu tho...

Sidharth turned to face Shehnaaz and caressed her cheeks. Shehnaaz blushed and looked away.

Sach bolu tho, I thought that you would come within 2 weeks, lekin pata dha ki tera project chal raha hei.. Actually.... I was waiting for you.

She cutely snuggled into his chest.

Sidharth thought, how lucky he was to have her in his life. He didn't wanted to miss this warmth in his entire life. He hugged her more tightly and kissed her hair.

The happiest people on the earth at that time was lying on a mat on the backyard of an old fashioned house in a small village with a lot of  crazy stories.

..

A week over there, was a new experience for Sidharth. He had never been to such places. We was used to the busy schedule of the metropolitan city. Here, he experienced something different. Everyone was calm and happy in their life with what they had. Only the old generation seemed to be affected by the superstition about Vaibhavi devi. Younger generation were more educated and sensible.

As a person who have never received the love of grandparents, he adored nanu and Meenakshi aunty. He got the love from grandparents in their form.

On every evening, they came to visit Vaibhavi and Kripan. Each day she told him about how beautiful was Vaibhavi and the magic in Kripan's eyes. She had shown him their picture for a hundredth time. He smiled looking at the excitement in her eyes. The happy Shehnaaz was the beautiful site he had ever seen in his entire life.

....

So, you guys would leave tomorrow. Hmm...

Meenakshi sighed while applying oil on Shehnaaz's hair.

Shehnaaz sat silently. It happened every time, when she was about to leave. But, all those time, Shehnaaz was helpless as of now. She and her family had requested Meenakshi aunty and nanu to leave the village and shift to Bangalore with them. But they always denied.

So what? You can come to us anytime and we will also visit you when ever possible. Just call us, and we will be here.

Sidharth blabbered while eating guavas.

Shehnaaz stared at him instantly. Soon, he realised the blunder he had done.

Actually.... I meant that.. Wo.

Before he could complete, Meenakshi smirked and went inside the house.

Sidharthhh!!  Yeh kya kiya tune? We haven't told them about us till now. Oooh... What will we do now?  How are you going to cover up this ' we will come, call us'. For them we are just friends Sidharth!!

Shehnaaz wasn't ready to stop scolding Sidharth, who stood there like a school boy who committed mistake.

Soon, Meenakshi returned with a box in her hand. She stood in front of Sidharth.

Sidharth, whenever I saw you, you reminded me of my Veeru, my son. Thanks for coming here at least for a week.  And yes, you both should come again and again... together.

Shehnaaz eyes became moist hearing this. She never on her dreams thought that this would happen.

This.. is a small gift from this old lady. mmm... It's a little old, I hope you won't mind that.

Sidharth nodded 'no' happly and opened the box. It had a white cotton kurta with a name Veeru embroidered on it with red threads.

Every year, during the time of our festival, I used to make this for him. But, that year... That year,...I lost him.

She wiped the tears that rolled through her cheeks. Without wasting a second, Sidharth took her into his embrace.

Thank you maa..

He whispered instantly. Shehnaaz smiled looking at them. Tears rolled down from Meenakshi's eyes.

..

Shehnaaz sat on the bus with Sidharth. Shekhar, Meenakshi and Divya stood near the bus almost in tears. As the bus started they waved their hands and slowly walked away.

Now Shehnaaz wanted to go to Bangalore first. She needed to get blessings from her parents and also most importantly, she needed to introduce her boyfriend officially to her family. She hadn't told about this to Sidharth. She wanted to surprise him. She just told him that she needed to get her parents blessings, before she take her first step towards her career.

They always stood with her like a rock. They were ready to catch her, if she falls. Even she always chose, what they never thought of, they supported her through think and thin.

At last, it was the time for them to meet the Mr. Perfect in her life. She was super excited.

================================

Please vote comment and share.

#BhulaDunga100M