chapter 7

Shehnaaz was a little nervous by his behavior.

He might haven't opened up about this to anyone till now.

She thought.

You mean Manik, haa????

Sidharth asked narrowing his eyes.

Shehnaaz just nodded in response.

Mujhe kya problem hoga usse kisi aur ke saat dekhke??

Umm.... That....

What???

I have seen you guys before. So I know.

Kab??

2-3 baar I think...

Tho??

Wo meine dekhi hei... You know.....

She found it difficult to complete her words.

Sidharth waited her to complete her words controlling his laughter. He clearly understood where this talk was going.

Umm... Aage bhi bolo.

Ek din, morning ... Jab meim beach side walk pe gayi dhi tho tum dono ko... Wo..... K.. Kiss karte dekhi dhi.

Sidharth bursted into laugh.

Aur bhir kab??

Aap hass kyu rahe hei??

Shehnaaz asked making an innocent face.

Kuch nhi.. Bass bolna bhir kab dekhi tune??

Bhir airport pe hugging and all..

Tho??  Isse tu ne kya conclude kiya?

Kya matlab?  Jo dekha wahi bola..

Haa... Tho tujhe kya lagti hei?

Sidharth wanted to hear it from her.
It was for the first time someone misunderstood him as a gay. He really enjoyed the teasing session.

Shehnaaz was some how confused now about her conclusions.

Tho waise nhi hei kya??

Waise matlab kaise??

Wo.. Ladka and ladka type..

Shehnaaz didn't wanted to use the word gay. She understood she was mistaken.

Sidharth was grinning throughout.

Sorry... Mujhe kuch galat lagi hogi...  But wo kiss?

Oh man!!  Aisa kuch nhi hei, usko ek dare mila dha, ek ladki ne diya usse... Waise tumeim galat bhi nhi bol sakti..

Shehnaaz scratched her neck and smiled awkwardly.

Sorry..

Tho isiliye tune aise looks derahe dhe, mujhe dekhke...

She nodded looking down.

Aren't you guys joining on the floor??

Raghav shouted from the crowd on the dance floor.

Come let's join

Sidharth said patting on her shoulder.

She felt a little hesitant, but he held her hand nodded in assurance. Both moved to the dance floor. A loud and fast song was being played by the DJ. Everyone around them seemed to be completely lost in music. Shehnaaz looked around as if to check whether someone was noticing her. As everyone found busy, she left a sigh of relief. But, a pair of eyes were glued on her. She slowly started to move her body with the music.

As Sidharth held her hand and took her to the floor, he was just wondering about her thoughts. He found that she was checking the near by people as she felt conscious. He saw a little smile formed on her face as she started to sway her body with music. Unknowingly he too smiled. He was just staring at her, standing rooted.

For a moment, his world became very small. The loud and fast music seemed to be slow and soothing to him. He was just observing each and every expressions flashing on her face and her way of swaying her body.

He hadn't felt this before. He was just admiring her unknowingly. She was simple, cute, happy, chubby... He could find the exact word to describe her.

Sidhaarthh... Why aren't you dancing with me??  Meim itni buri hu kya?? 

His chain of thoughts were broken by the almost alarming voice of Shreya. She was a little tipsy and was finding difficult to stand. To balance herself, she put her hands around Sidharth's neck. Sidharth rolled his eyes at his fate, while their friends chuckled.

Aree.. Manik help na..

Sidharth requested as he tried to move away from Shreya.

Guys, I think it's time for us to leave, else she would create mess.

Shehnaaz was finding it difficult to control her laughter while feeling pity for Sidharth. It was clear from his words and actions that he was not at all interested in Shreya.

Then, I will drop you both.

Manik came forward like a gentleman.

He took Shreya in his hands as she was almost unconscious and was continually blabbering. Shehnaaz moved behind them after greeting Raghav and Sidharth. Sidharth stood their looking at the retreating figure. She is so calm,  he thought.

.....

Sidharth was still in his thoughts after changing into his nightwears. He smiled continually thinking about his conversation with Shehnaaz. Seeing the light on in Sidharth's room, Kesav stepped in.

Kya hua?  Aaj sona nhi hei?

Haa.. Papa sone hi jaa raha dha.

Tu itna smile kyu kar raha hei??

Sidharth just realized what he was doing.

Wo.. Papa..Shreya aaj puri talli hogayi dhi.. Bass Manik ne mujhe bacha liya.

He didn't even knew why was hiding his actual reason from his father, who was moreover a friend to him.

Bechari..  Tu usse clearly bol kyu nhi deta ki tujhe interest nhi hei?

Muh pe kaise bolu papa??.. Actions se kitne baar dikhaya.. Now only Manik can help in this.

Manik interested hei uspe??

Haah.. Pura lattu hoke pada hei peeche..

Both laughed and talked for sometime. He didn't knew when he fall asleep while thinking about Shehnaaz.

================================

Plz vote comment and share