36- Like a song

Frozen Delights, Avonlea's favorite ice cream parlor, had suffered from an invasion. The Italian worker was perplexed at the sight of thirteen teenagers entering his property. It seemed as if it would never stop when one by one went through the door. Customers usually came in groups of two to four people, but never large enough so that they'd have to join many tables together to fit. The whole "Avonlea High gang" plus Winifred Rose, were sitting inside the shop, bringing a bustle.

-Welcome to Frozen Delights! What may I serve you during this hot day?- the man offered his service and a warm smile. The consumer would usually approach him but he decided that it would be easier to take everyone's order and then drop everything off at their table- We have, of course, ice cream and sundaes, and during the holidays we are also offering some milkshakes.

-That milkshake sounds amazing... I'd like a vanilla milkshake, please.

-Oh, Sloane, be a gentleman, ladies first.

-Since when do you care about people being gentlemen, Jose?

-No, she is right, Charlie. I'd like a cookies and cream sundae, please- Tillie asked while the employee wrote everything down. Meanwhile, the named girl looked at her indignantly since she had scolded Charlie so she could go first.

-Winnie, what do you want?- Gilbert asked.

-I'm okay baby, thank you. I don't want anything.

And with that comment, all eyes started being on her. They all turned their heads in disbelief. Did she just say NO to ice cream?!

-You are not going to take anything?

-It's fine, Jane, I'm sure she's on a diet or something...- Josie said after her.

-Oh, no, I'm just not much of a fan of ice cream- her response was followed by a loud gasp form many of the people on the table. Tillie put her hand in her heart, feeling as if she were about to faint.

-I don't like her- the latter whispered to Jerry, who had also joined her dramatic show and was looking away from the British girl.

-Are you even from this world?!- Cole exclaimed louder than he intended to.

-Just ignore them, they are always dramatic- Anne told her.

The redhead wasn't too fond of the idea of her being with Gilbert, but she was still a nice girl and deserved to be treated with kindness. The curly-haired boy smiled at his feet, hiding his smirk so that Anne wouldn't say "What are you smiling at, Blythe?!". He was glad to see that his best friend and girlfriend got along well... or so he thought.

After a whole minute of dramatic hyperventilating from the group of friends, they continued ordering-I'd like a Blue Moon ice cream cone. Make it all Blue Moon.

-Blue Moon?!- Cole snickered- That's vanilla with blue food coloring.

-It is not!

-I'm sorry, Moody, it is- Anne commented from the other side of the table- But I agree that it is much more delightful to have a colorful type of ice cream.

-Wait, you are the girl from that night, right? The redhead that took Pistachio...Anne?

-I am. Nice to see you again, Dave.

-What the hell is happening here? Why do they know each other?- Jerry looked at both of them confusedly.

-And what happened "that night"?- Jane added with a tad of disturbance on her face.

-You are the boy that came with her, right?- he gestured towards Gilbert, who nodded- The late sleepers in winter...

-LATE SLEEPERS?- Josie literally yelled, a wide smirk appearing on her lips.