7- Encounters and future reunions

A/N: So, I've decided to do this chapter (or at least part of it) from Gilbert's side of the story. Tell me if you'd like me to do one like this from time to time. Also, if you ever have ideas, you can tell me and maybe I can write some of them, or base a chapter on your idea (of course, I'd give you credit). Now, the story...

Gilbert

His curls were popping out of the pile of pillows he had over his head. He was breathing deeply and steadily, one of his arms hung from the side of his bed and his covers were cooped at his feet. The alarm started ringing and he shut it up by stretching his hand. He passed his fingers through his hair, then shook it and continued by rubbing his eyes. He sat up and sighed, wondering why he felt hot even though it was October. Shrugging that thought away, he slid on a pair of jeans and scrolled through his notifications but he found nothing interesting, so he sat down on his bed, staring at his wall tiredly. Of course, his mind painted on the wall the person that was in her mind 24/7.

-Blythe! Be a man and get out of bed! Mary is almost done making breakfast- Bash said as he walked towards his room.

"You know, you don't make such a bad friend as I thought you would"

The man was already standing in the door, laying his weight on the doorframe and looking confusedly at the boy, who was too invested in his daydream to notice his presence.

"Thank you for sharing this story with me"... The way she said that, wearing that small smile that just makes my heart fly away from my chest...

-Blythe, what are you thinking about?- Bash said walking towards him-...or who are you thinking about...- he added when he found a dead flower crown hanging on his bedpost.

"It is our character, Blythe..."

-Aye, Blythe, wake up from your daydream.

"He wouldn't have traded you for anything in his life, and I'm sure about it because I wouldn't either". He grinned goofily at that memory.

-Oh you are acting like a moke... you are thinking about Anne- the man said knowingly, crossing his arms.

-What?- Gilbert snapped out of his trance.

-That you should be a man and tell Anne how you feel.

-She is just a friend!- he threw the pillow at him after hearing that statement for the hundredth time in the last month, but Bash caught it just in time.

-But you wish you were more than that...- his friend added with a smirk.

-Mary is probably done making breakfast, we should go- he hurried out of the room, Bash following him close behind.

-Avoiding the subject, I see...

-Oh, shut up.

They both crossed the corridor to arrive at the table. The smell of freshly baked bread and scrambled eggs filled the boy's nose, making him smile at the scent of home.

-This smells delicious Mary, thank you- he said, wearing a polite smile and raising his furrowed eyebrows.

-Good morning, Gilbert.

-Hello, my little itty bitty angel- Bash said goofily kissing the head of her two-year-old daughter.

-Why is it so hot here?- Gilbert said walking towards the thermostat- 75 degrees?! Bash that's crazy, it isn't even winter yet.

-You know me, Blythe, I'm not a fan of the cold.

-Well, there are these things called blankets, which are on the third shelf of the corridor's closet if you are willing to use one tonight- Gilbert added persuasively.