12- Annie

-Baynard, hurry up!- Gilbert banged on the bathroom door for the hundredth time- I need to have a shower and you've been there for half an hour!

-Oh, I'm burning through the skies yeah!- the boy heard him singing through the door.

-Jerry get out of the bathroom! Even I don't take that long to take a shower and I'm a girl!- Anne yelled from the kitchen as she finished brushing her hair.

-I'm gonna make a supersonic man out of you!

-Baguette boy, hurry up, a lady is waiting out here!

    After fifteen minutes, they stopped hearing the dripping water. They all stood still, scared that if they moved it would all have been a dream. Gilbert and Anne looked at the door with expectant eyes. Jerry finally opened it as he hummed the tune happily.

-Halleluja!

-Finally, Baynard!

-Wooo you stalkers, why are you staring at the bathroom door- he said as he tidied his shirt and walked towards Gilbert's room.

-Don't dedicate your life to singing because you'll starve to death- Bash shook Jerry's hair as he left the bathroom.

    Gilbert waited for Anne to brush her teeth and then started taking a shower. Meanwhile, Jerry looked at himself in the mirror, still singing the same song in repeat as he styled his hair.

Anne did her makeup and talked to her best friend, who had called her because she was nervous.

-Calm down, Di! You'll be fine. You're head over heels for each other and there's no doubt.

-Let's suppose that he likes me back, what will Charlie say?

-He'll get over it- she answered as she applied lip gloss.

-I hope so. Please distract me before I start overthinking again- she said as she threw herself on her bed.

-Well, today Gilbert yelled at me- she casually said as she looked at herself in the mirror.

-What?! Elaborate on that.

-I'll tell you at the party. I'm at his house, remember?

-Fine, but you're telling me.

-I will, I will.

-Baynard can you knock the fucking door?!- Gilbert's voice was heard from downstairs.

-Fine...fine, calm down!- Jerry answered.

-Tell Jerry everything you want to before those two kill each other.

-Shit, I have to go help Minnie May unload the dishwasher. Good luck with those two- she chuckled lightly.

-Thanks. See you.

-Bye.

    They hung up, leaving the room in pure silence. Anne was still standing in front of the mirror. Maybe someday I'll like what I see, she said as she looked at her 'horrid' red hair, which ended in some curls. However, she was glad to have been able to cover her freckles with foundation. She had kept her look pretty simple since she would just be with her closest friends. She was wearing a black turtleneck shirt, a wine-colored skirt, a leather jacket, and a pair of combat boots. Her make up was nothing special; foundation, a bit of contour, mascara, and some lip gloss.

-That's as good as it'll get- she sighed and then looked at her phone; it was time to go.

    They all gathered downstairs and then left the house. The car ride consisted of Jerry humming the songs, Anne hitting his arm once in a while, then Bash criticizing his bad singing and telling him to stop. It was a cycle. Meanwhile, Gilbert stole some occasional glances at Anne through the rearview mirror, both of them laying their heads on the window. They wanted to talk to each other, but their emotions and pride got in the way, so they decided to ignore everything and pretend they just didn't have things to talk about.