45- Stories without ending

-Remind me again why we had to inflate these for a seventeen-year-old?- Josie whined, even due she could barely breathe after pushing out all of the air in her lungs into the last 'get well soon' balloon.

-Because Diana, Cole, and Anne are baking a cake, Jerry and Moody are getting the get-well-soon cards, and Ruby and Tillie are getting the teddy bears that will be holding these balloons- Noah explained, probably for the seventh time in the last ten minutes, given the fact that the blonde was reluctant to accept the fact they had to complete that task.

-And what about Jane and Charles?

-They bought the balloons.

-But they could've helped!... They are probably making out right now- she accused and, even though she was right, she apologized- I'm sorry, I know that making out is a sensitive topic for you... I get it though, I would also get a bit of PTSD if my crush kissed his best friend.

-Nah, I'm over that.

-It was thanks to the shopping we did! I told you, you had to listen to me.

-I just realized it was never going to happen...- he corrected- And they look cute together.

-Well, I think that it was something else- after tying the end of the balloon and throwing it onto the floor with the rest of them, she slid the chair across Noah's room to be right in front of him. With a cocked eyebrow, she put her hands on his shoulders, her stare burning in his eyes as she was determined to get the truth out of him. His body went insane at her touch as he felt his muscles get tense and his heartbeat go over the roof.

-Well, it was probably the warning she gave me. When I asked her out, she told me she was going to break my heart and I deserved someone better.

-She did? Then why did you go out with her?

-Because, at the moment, I thought there was no one better.

-I see- she furrowed her eyebrows, leaning in closer, and moving her hand to the back of his neck- What changed?

-I became friends with someone...

-Was she, by any chance, blonde? With blue eyes? And practically perfect?- she smiled smugly, making the guy look down with a laugh.

-You really are something else, Josie Pye...- he locked eyes with her once again, a warm feeling starting to brew inside of him.

Not even trying to fight the attraction pulling them closer, the guy placed a hand on her waist and the other on the side of the chair, while she bit her lower lip. And, as they felt the heat running through each part of their bodies, their gazes traveled to each other's mouths and up to their eyes again.

Every breath she took started smelling like cologne after they both stood up to pull each other closer. Now that every inch of their body was against the other's, he stopped feeling nervous but the cliché 'butterflies in the stomach', whose name he now understood, were still bursting inside of him (actually both of them) as he felt her lips brushing his'.

With a joyful smile threatening to appear, she finally took the lead by pulling his collar towards her and crashed her lips against his.

-Yo, Akes, Jose! We're here! Are you ready to go?!- Charlie's voice was heard from the living room as he walked towards the room to look for them.

-Remind me again why I haven't killed our friends yet- Josie groaned, laying her forehead on his while he laughed at her remark.

-Because you can't wear heels in jail.

-OH, DUDE, YOUR PUPPY IS NOT A PUPPY ANYMORE- he screamed, his voice being heard in unison with the barks of the animal and the laughter of Noah's mother as she assured him he didn't bite.