4- Darkness

Warning, violence. If you don't want to read this chapter you can just let me know if you want a summary of what happens. 

Now, the chapter...

It was already Friday and Anne regretted completely the decision she had made at the beginning of the week: why on earth had she decided to say yes to going to a party? She hated them. Everyone was drunk and dense, it was packed with people she didn't know, and the next morning she had to hear complaints from her friends, saying that they were completely hungover. Of course, they would feel horrible after all the alcohol they had consumed. Anyway, she had already agreed to go and was with her friends at the shop. "At least I'll have new clothes, right?" She tried to find a bright side to the situation. She sat on those seats to try on shoes, waiting for Jane to show her the outfit she liked.

-Anne! This was made for you! Look!- Diana took her wrist and dragged her across the shop to show her what she had found. It was a black tank top and a pair of leather shorts.

-It's too...um... dark.

-So you want something less black?

-Exactly- she said with a small innocent smile.

-Great, I'll have a new outfit in no time.

-You are more efficient than the workers here- Anne whispered with a chuckle; she didn't want to offend anyone who passed by. 

-I know!- she said excitedly and turned around, almost launching herself onto a pile of clothes to pick something new.

-What do you think Anne?- Ruby revealed herself, showing her the pink top she had picked out.

-It would look stunning on you, pink really is your color and I envy you.

-Aw, thank you... I cannot believe we are finally having a party again! The summer felt so long without them. 

-Share with me some of that excitement, please- the redhead groaned, before receiving an encouraging pat in the back from her friend.

Anne sat down on the same seat, waiting for her friend to pick an option for her. She could have done it herself, but her friend seemed so thrilled to do it that she decided to leave it to her. Besides, Diana had a better sense of fashion than she did. 

She scrolled through her notifications, trying to entertain herself for some time but she came out of the dressing room and showed her the chosen outfit. It was a black top, a maroon denim skirt, and a leather jacket on top of it. Anne approved the outfit with a million compliments.

-Anne! I found the perfect outfit! It is your style but it is still party-ish... What do you think?

-Diana, this is gorgeous! Thank you, I couldn't have done it any better.

Before she knew it, she was standing in front of the mirror, trying to figure out what to do with her hair. "Should I iron it? Or just leave my natural waves? Umm... waves. Should I style it? Or leave it like this? Ugh, I don't know what to do!", she had an internal debate on how to show up to the party. She played with her hair for thirty minutes until she was interrupted.

-Anne! Diana's here to pick you up!- Marilla announced from downstairs.

-Coming!

She looked at herself in the mirror again, criticizing her red hair one more time. "Down it is, then", she thought to herself before picking up her phone and rushing down.

-Oh my God, you look amazing!- the red-haired said as they rushed towards the car- You will catch Charlie Sloane's eye for certain.

-Oh yeah? I do not doubt that Gilbert will love how you are looking tonight...