26- BA 5967

Departure

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight BA 5967 with service to the city of London..."

Gilbert laid his head on the plane's window, slowly closing his heavy eyelids. His lack of sleep the previous night kicked in as soon as he let himself fall on his seat.

"Please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off."

The voices started getting more distant as he drifted away into his sleep.

-Excuse me, yes...sorry, excu-...If it isn't Gilbert Blythe?- he was snapped out of his soon to be sleep.

-Owen, nice to see you. I see your shopping went well- he smirked, looking at his three bags full of food.

-And I see your sleeping didn't go too well, eh mate?

-No, not really.

-Well, you can take an eleven hour long nap.

-Or you can give me some of those snickers you've got there, so that I'm able to sleep when it's nighttime.

-We met two hours ago and you are already asking me for food, unbelievable. If I give you anything from this bag, you don't get to tease me about my shopping again- he bribed, finally sitting down next to him.

-Deal, give me one.

----------

Back at Green Gables, Diana was caressing Anne's hair, laying on the bed next to her. Cole was sitting by the desk with his head in his hands, and Ruby on the floor, her legs crossed and up the wall.

-I feel like being curled up in a ball and bleeding out.

-'Cause your soulmate's gone?- Cole smirked sleepily.

-You don't have a say here, you're not a girl.

-Come on, it can't be that bad.

-It is- the bosom friends said at the same time

-Okay, but I'm sure it hurts less than a kick in the balls.

-Shut up!! - they yelled at the same time.

-Do you want me to kick you now, just to try?- Ruby mumbled.

-Wow, fine, your bleeding uterus hurts the most.

-Thank you, it does- she replied sassily.

The four of them were exhausted, Cole and Ruby about to fall asleep each three seconds, until Anne complained of her cramps and they woke up.

-Do you think you'd be able to be away from home for so long? I would, for some days. My parents are sooooo overprotective, I'd actually like to.

-It was paradise for me. Aunt Jo as a tutor outdoes my whole family.

-Wow, I'm glad you are not my brother- Ruby scoffed.

-And I'm glad you are not my daughter.

-I agree with Cole. I would give anything to spend some days away from Minnie May. I owe her my lack of sleep today. She is like a toddler and a teenager at the same time. The worst from both, combined in a sassy eight year old.

-She is kind of bitchy. The other day, she said that pink was "so five year old"- she quoted her mockingly at the end.

-Savage, she's my favorite.