29- Support

*March*

-That was a great film, don't you think?

Holding hands under the umbrella, a blonde British girl walked by Gilbert's side. They had been dating for the past two weeks, going from fancy restaurants, to simple breakfasts at the coffee shop where they had met.

-I didn't understand anything because I never watched the first one, but your companion is what really matters, right?- he raised his eyebrows as a small smirk appeared on his lips.

-You are such a flirt- she scoffed playfully, and he chuckled to the ground.

-I know you like it.

She blushed slightly, smiling at the drenched streets while linking her arm with his'. With her head on his shoulder, they continued wandering through the rainy British night.

It wasn't until twenty minutes later that the date became more special than the rest, when they arrived at the girl's house. They both stepped into the porch, still laughing at the fact that they were soaking wet because their only protection from the rain was broken by the wind.

-This reminds me a bit of the day we met.

-Haha, yeah, that you came into the coffee shop where I always have breakfast.

*flashback*

It was 7AM and the curly haired boy was already sitting on his usual table at the coffee shop, reading "The fault in our stars". He didn't want to read too much because it was the book Anne had given him, so he wanted to make it last the whole trip. He usually read an extra chapter than he aimed for, because it was quite gripping. Little did he know that he wouldn't have that problem on that rainy day.

The little bell that hung from the door rang eagerly, making him look up. A young girl entered briskly, giggling as she tried to fix her umbrella. Her clothes were clinging to her body, and her dirty blonde hair was soaking wet. Gilbert smiled at her light laughter and her undeniable beauty.

-Do you need help, miss?

-Oh, yes, thank you! I can't seem to fix my umbrella- she answered with a thick British accent, which he seemed to enjoy- I'm such a fool, I can't believe I managed to ruin it.

-No worries, the same happened to me some weeks ago.

As they spoke, the boy fiddled with it, trying to mend it, which he successfully did.

-There you go.

-Thank you, you saved me from getting even more wet...if that's even possible.

-I don't think it is- he raised his eyebrows with a smirk.

The shop was almost empty, and it probably would be until 9AM, so they sat together, getting to know each other.

-Where are you from? Not England, for sure- the young woman, which Gilbert had learnt was called Winifred, asked.

-I'm from a small town in Prince Edward Island in Canada: Avonlea.

-It must be beautiful... I hope I can visit Canada one day. I find snow much more interesting than this annoying rain- she made him laugh. Coming from another country, it was hard for him to get used to the constant showers, so he understood completely- So, what brings you here?

-I'm an exchange student. I'm attending a football academy here.

-That's quite fun, isn't it?

-Yeah, I sometimes get a bit homesick, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll be staying here until July 3rd, so the scholarship is pretty long.