5- Sincerely, Blythe

The weeks passed, so it was getting colder in Avonlea and the leaves were slowly getting yellow. It was a Saturday evening, and the pair of bosom friends were laying on the red-headed girl's bed, Diana scrolling through her Instagram and showing her friend funny posts while Anne stared at the ceiling, thinking about what could happen in the story she was writing. Meanwhile, they listened to music. Anne turned up the volume when their hit song started playing. She picked up her hairbrush and gave Diana a playful look. Her friend immediately picked up a deodorant she found and started singing the song. They had gone to the cinema together that spring to watch The Greatest Showman and since then, they were obsessed with "Rewrite the Stars". Whenever they heard that song, they held a whole performance. They even knew the choreography; of course, they didn't have the rope, but none of them lacked imagination, so anything was possible.

-All I want is to flyyyy with you!- they both sang at the same time, putting their heart and soul into it- All I want is to faaaall with you! So just give me all of you...

They loved this part of the song, definitely their favorite. Anne was hanging from her curtain, pretending it was the rope. She stretched her arm to Diana, who had her hair tied into a bun and had a ribbon tied to her neck, pretending it was a bow from Phineas tuxedo. They felt like they were in the movie. Their dramatic expressions and the atmosphere looked ridiculous if a person saw it, but for them, it was just as it should be.

-How can we reeeewrite the stars?- they sang just before the curtain rail gave in and fell on the ground.

-OH MY GOD, ANNE- Diana shouted between laughs.

-I hadn't thought of that- she tried to hold her laughter inside.

-I can't believe I don't have that on camera.

-We HAVE to fix this before Marilla sees it- her sudden thoughts hit like a wall that stopped their laughter.

-Yeah, how?

-I don't know- she said desperately holding the rail above her head, to see if she could put it back on the wall- Diana, help me, please!

-What do you want me to do?

-I can't reach the place where it was... piggyback ride.

There they were, one on top of the other, music in the background, holding a broken curtain... that was when the door creaked as it was opened. "shit...dodon't let it be Marilla... PLEASE", Anne thought, not wanting to turn around.

-Hello ladies...- Gilbert held his laugh.

-Oh, I thought you were Marilla- she said in relief.

-Hi- Diana turned around with the other girl still on her shoulders.

-I have to ask... What on earth are you doing?

-We had an accident and we are trying to fix it.

-I see...- he said looking at the red-haired girl getting frustrated with the rail in her hand- Hey, Anne, not that you need anyone's help, but see that metal thing that looks like a giant nail? You have to take it out, then put the rail on and stick it back inside... not that I'm telling you what to do or anything- the girl smiled, not only because she fixed her mess, but because she noticed how much he knew her.

-What are you doing here anyway, Gilbert?- Diana asked, putting her friend down.

-I just brought something that Bash gave me to deliver to Marilla.

-Oh, that's great. Do you want to eat something?- the hostess offered.

-Sure.

-Yes, please.