32- No response

*June 31st*

It was a stormy day in London, like the hundred previous ones. Gilbert had missed the sun once, but he had now gotten used to living among raindrops that were constantly falling from the sky. He had acquired a taste to it, actually. His favorite thing during the mornings was to go to the cafe across the street and sit by the window, studying, or reading Anne's book. He found it very relaxing: Watching the drops falling on the glass and then running through it until they hit the floor, while he was enjoying his warm coffee inside the cozy shop. The place was vintage-looking, so that also gave him a feeling of comfort. Besides, it brought back some good memories... meeting Winifred. He couldn't believe that had happened five months ago, and that that girl had been his girlfriend for three. A grin was drawn across his face as he thought he'd be going back home in less than a week. He was beaming that he'd see his family and friends again, but he was also aware he was going to miss all that. The early mornings in the cafe, the football competition and his whole new team, going back to his room to find Owen... That was the worst part of all: Leaving his roommate. He was going to miss him greatly. Anyway, he promised himself to take him to Avonlea one day. He and his friends would get along really well.

As it was the last week in London, he decided to continue "The fault in our stars". He had stopped reading it for a while because he had reached chapter 10 way too quickly and wanted to make it last. 

The contact with Anne had been scarce during the whole month of April, but, luckily, was restored during the following two, after the camping trip with her friends. They had been endlessly talking about the books she read, commenting on every single thing that happened. However, Gilbert still didn't know about Noah's date with her, neither the reason why she had once been so distant. But, as long as they were sharing some time with each other, he was fine with that. They were finally chatting everyday again, and he wasn't willing to tempt fate by bringing it up. 

Recently, however, it stopped. Once again, she stopped texting back, she stopped picking up the phone, she stopped commenting on the books... Like if she had disappeared. 

Shirley and Blythe
08:38 AM

Blythe: hey shirley

Blythe: are you alive? you haven't been on the phone in days...

Blythe: anyway, i'm on chapter 13

Blythe: i finally understand why you cried

Blythe: the way he compares the scan to a christmas tree is horrible

Blythe: i can't believe how you didn't flood avonlea in tears with that metaphor though

Blythe: i mean, this is much worse than My Girl

-Good morning, baby- he saw his girlfriend approaching him- Who are you talking to?

-Mornin'- he smiled- Just Anne.

-Oh...What was she saying?

-Nothing, it's 4AM there. We haven't talked in a while anyway, so I'm getting kind of worried.

-You don't need to talk to her EVERY day. 

-But she is reading my book, so not receiving a comment is pretty unusual- he chuckled. 

-It's probably nothing important. Now, do you want to do something today?- she quickly changed the subject. 

-Oof, I wish I could. I have football practice. 

-But it's Saturday!

-But the game's on Monday, and it's the last one. 

-Maybe another day, then.