28- New member

*February*

A month passed by in the blink of an eye.

In London, Gilbert was completely settled. His friendship with Owen developed quickly, and they were now like brothers. Of course, that included arguing repeatedly. The redhead was clearly not a tidy person, and his roommate had no intention to live in a messy place.
Related to football, he was doing amazing. The new team was outstanding, not only on the field, but outside too; after every Wednesday practice, they would all go have dinner to a local pizza place, and enjoyed spending time together. The championship was about to start, and they were all more than ready. At first, it was very tiring. They had football practice almost every day and the training was very intense, but, luckily, he was able to get used to it fairly quickly and was now leading a healthier life than all of Avonlea together.
Something that was never a problem for him, was school. Educationally, it wasn't too different to Avonlea's, so he managed to get perfect grades there too. He also had befriended almost every classmate, and it was a smooth process since he shared every lesson with at least one person from his team.

In Avonlea, Anne followed the same routine every day: Wake up, go to school, study, message or FaceTime Gilbert, have dinner, and read while leaving comments to the same boy. On the weekends, she would help Matthew on the barn while they sang their favorite songs, spend time with her friends, or join Jerry when he was playing with his PlayStation.
The rumors about Noah Akerly had finally died down, and everyone's lives went back to normal. At lunch, the conversations had become about some TV show, or some anecdotes that each one of them had. As always, the redhead was top of the class, especially now that she had no competition, and had started tutoring younger students (or sometimes one of her classmates).

••••••••••

That day Ruby, Anne and Diana had arrived to school with a lot of anticipation. The last two had promised to help their friend study for the biology test she hadn't been able to sit for because she had gotten ill. The redhead paced across the hallway with her nose stuck in the booklet.

-The major parts of the cell are the...

-Cytoplasm and nucleus...?

-The surrounding membrane too, Rubes- Diana added.

-Ugh- she groaned in despair.

-DNA functions in the transfer of information from nucleus to cyt...

She read from a question guide of booklet, and as she wasn't looking up, she bumped directly into a body. A woman smiled warmly at her; The new faces in Avonlea had arrived.

-I am so sorry- both said at the same time.

-Wait...You are Mrs. Akerly, right? I'm Anne Shirley-Cuthbert- she shook her hand eagerly.

-Hi, I'm Ruby Gillis!

-Diana Barry- the other two girls approached her.

-Nice to meet you all. What grade are you in?

-Junior year.

-Oh, my son Noah is...- she was interrupted by the door being opened.

-Mom, Elliot doesn't want to put his shoes on- the muscular boy entered the school, holding his little brother, who had tear stained cheeks.

-Come here, little guy... It was lovely meeting you, girls- she walked away to sit Elliot down on the chair and put his shoe on. Before leaving, she nudged the teenager's shoulder, who was looking at the redhead, so that he would greet the girls.

-Oh, sorry, I'm Noah...Noah Akerly. 

The built up boy smiled widely, his caramel eyes looking into hers' shyly. Standing out on his dark well-combed hair were some little snowflakes, which were also laying on the coat he had just taken off. His formal attire, combined with his white grin, gave him a cute aspect. He was wearing a white button-up shirt, which had recently been ironed, and, on top of it, a light-blue sweater. A small scar stood on his cheekbone, which contrasted his tidy looks.