20-Fists and fights

Disclaimer! This chapter contains some topics that might be sensitive.

A/N: Hi guys! I wanted to mention something before you start. In this chapter, I will be using two different symbols to separate scenes.
If it is just a small jump in time, I will be using hyphens (like this: -------) or I'll just leave an empty gap.
However, there will be a parallel scene, so to divide those two I'll be using the little wavy thingy (like this: ~)
Now, you may start...

The morning sun shone right through the window, seeping in through the branches of the cherry blossom tree and into Anne's room. She was always delighted to wake up to that sight, which looked glorious in her eyes. She loved thinking of the sun as an artist who traced beautiful lines of light in the air, which filled the room with a magical feeling. Being able to see that every morning was one of her favorite things about her room at Green Gables.

She looked through her covers for her phone, like every other day during the past month, since she had been falling asleep with it in her hand. The last text she had received was from Gilbert. "Good night Shirley", was the finishing message from her usual night conversations with him. Of course, he always waited for her to fall asleep. As the boy knew she struggled to do so, he had decided to try and help her, which was working. She was sleeping more each day and her energy levels were over the roof once again.

-Anne! Jerry! Wake up!

-I'm coming!- she shouted, leaving the warmth and comfort of her covers which made a shiver run down her spine- Jer, good morning!- she banged his door when she passed through the hallway.

She hopped down the stairs perkily, the holiday spirit running through her veins. Matthew, who was sitting on his chair, looked up at her and mirrored her big smile. The girl hung from the stair rail, but then she remembered Gilbert's warnings about her wrists, so, instead, she turned dancingly towards the kitchen while humming a song. Marilla noticed her positive attitude and bit back a smile, pretending to keep up her strict side.

-Enough of that singing, child, eat breakfast- she scoffed while wiping her hands with a rag.

-I'm sorry, Marilla, it is just that the magic of the holidays is really filling my days. I wake up and I see the glistening snow and the sun greeting me through the window. How could I not be beaming?- she said dreamily- The downside is that I have to do a project with Billy Andrews today, but I will not let that stupid boy ruin my morning.

-Anne! Don't talk about someone like that...Jerry, come down!- she yelled, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

-He is hateful, Marilla- she continued while helping set the table.

-Bonjour.

-Good morning, Jerry.

-So, Matthew, something interesting for my social sciences class?

-Ottawa announces 'unprecedented action' to protect Fraser River chinook salmon. That's all we've got today.

-I just hope Mr. McGregor doesn't pick me today...

-If you had studied for the test, there would be no risk.

-Ha. Ha.

-Well, enough chatting or you'll be late.

—————————

The clock was moving fairly quickly, especially because it was the last week before the holidays, so the first half of the day passed by in the blink of an eye. They were now sitting down in the cafeteria, having lunch on their usual spots.